“Great food”

Randall & Aubin Restaurant
Ranked #189 of 22,374 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$32 - US$64
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Soho
Description: Randall and Aubin offers the freshest seafood and succulent roasts complemented with a carefully selected wine list that ranges from old favourites to new discoveries. On Sundays you can enjoy our delicious brunch menu accompanied by a delicious Bloody Mary. We also offer catering service and take-away delivery. For more information visit our website.
Essex
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We have visited Randall & Aubin a few times before but not in the last year. We decided to drop in for a late Sunday lunch last weekend. The menu is mainly sea food but they also serve great meat dishes. Our meal was great, the quality of the food was excellent. We chose calamari and prawn cocktail followed by roast lamb and belly pork. My partner loved the warm lemon and raspberry tart that she had for dessert, I had creme brûlée that was also excellent.

It's not cheap but the food is worth the money.

All seating is on high stools, tables are narrow marble top counters - some of the seating faces the tiled walls. Quirky but quiet fun.

A couple of negatives....

The waiter did not write our order down, he then had to come back to us to confirm our starters (he had them wrong) and after that a portion of mixed salad turned up with the roast lamb rather than the mixed vegetables that we ordered. The error was corrected when we pointed it out but by the time the vegetables arrive my partner was half way through the lamb (otherwise the meat would have been going cold). It's a great trick to memorise orders - but for it to work the order has to be got right first time and without the need for the waiter to come back to confirm what was ordered.

I know the restaurant is in the heart of Soho but I feel £6 for a small bottle of Meantime lager is pushing it a bit.

Will we be back - certainly, the minor gripes do not distract from a great restaurant with excellent food.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Waddington, United Kingdom
“A very special evening..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We first chanced upon this little gem of an eaterie around 7 years ago whilst walking through Soho on the way back to our hotel.
The ambience and casual dining belie the amazing and mouthwatering food on offer. The first visit's treat was the moules, which were probably the best I've ever eaten, but it was more the atmosphere and buzz of the place that we remembered so well and had us enthusiastically seeking out the same venue this weekend after a visit to the theatre.
We arrived around 10.30 pm and were assured we wouldn't have to wait long (there's usually a queue as I don't think they take bookings).
In the event, we only waited about 5 minutes before being seated in the middle of two couples at a long bench in the middle of the restaurant. The casual and easy going nature is what's so lovely about this place and it definitely has the feel of an oyster/ seafood bar, which adds to the experience.
We shared calamari and crab cakes to start (both delicious) and then went on to a prawn cocktail and steak frites. To die for.
I asked if I could take a photograph of the specials board to show my mum who loves the kind of food served there and far from the expected sniffy response that I would have expected from such a cool place, the manager/proprietor said it was more than a pleasure and then proceeded to come and chat to us, showing us old photos of the restaurant's days as a high class butchers shop and chatting in general about the fascinating history of the building and the area.
We had an absolutely wonderful meal and a brilliant night and Randall & Aubin will definitely always be our London "must go" whenever we are visiting.

Woking, England, United Kingdom
“Hen night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Love, love, love this restaurant! Went on sat 5th July for a friends Hen do. Arrived at about 6.30 to be told we would need to wait about an hour to an hour and a half as we where party of 7. So we order a bottle of champagne to be consumed in the queue outside (we where the only ones queuing to be fair!) and surprise we waited only 15 minutes!! The waiting staff are excellent and fun! The food (especially the calamari and the moules) was divine. My husband loves seafood, so next time we are in London, this restaurant is a must. Thank you for helping to making my friend's hen day very special

London, United Kingdom
“A favourite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

This is a new favorite Soho eatery of mine. Great Brazilian and house music welcomes you in and the warm welcome is boosted by the friendly smile and attitude on all the staff! We had 2 lovely waitresses serving us who were the perfect hosts. Funny, warm and enthusiastic about the menu, the staff perpetuate the whole mouthwatering affair!

We hadn't booked but they squeezed us in. Decor is classic bistro with a twist, open kitchens are always a winner. We started with cocktails, both delicious and refreshing. We didn't have a starter and went straight for the meaty mains. I had the Char grilled steak bavette with pommes frites, perfectly cooked and served with a tangy and creamy bernais sauce. Perfect. My partner had the Randall’s burger and judging by the speed it was wolfed down and the noises that ensured, it too was thoroughly enjoyed! With our mains we enjoyed the Malbec, Michel Torino, Don David, 2012. Dessert did not disappoint, the Vanilla flaming Brulee was full of flavour and my partners sticky date pudding made my eyes green with envy.

We will return and recommend this place for any occasion!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Still a favourite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Always a pleasure.... I have been eating at this restaurant for years and have never been disappointed!

Visited May 2014