“unwelcoming, food quality not as good as other Tas”
Review of Tas Farringdon - CLOSED

Tas Farringdon
Price range: US$0 - US$45
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Holborn
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“unwelcoming, food quality not as good as other Tas”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

After the marathon we were in Farringdon and remembered Tas as it was open we agreed to give this branch another go. Previously has a full glass of white wine spilled by accident all over me -the waiter was annoyed and not sorry saying these things happen and I was lucky it was white wine! There were no other diners apart from us the waitress was irritated that my husband preferred a table so that he could keep an eye on the car. The little dish with 5 olives sitting on a spoonful of yogurt dip with bread they offer was eaten quickly as our order was not taken for sometime. when my son asked for more olives the waitress refused saying its the management its their rules. My husband said surely if there was a single diner they offered the same quantity so as there were 3 us could she not take that into consideration. She flatly refused then said well if you paid for it as an extra dish she could bring us another complimentary olive nibble!. Actually there is a 20% service charge added which probably covers the 5 olives sitting on a spoonful of yogurt .when we ordered the starters from the set lunch menu the starters were fine except my spinach in yogurt was still frozen like ice cream and unedible which they changed. the mains took a long time to come. The lamb was poor cuts and very chewy cous cous was fine with the red cabbage garnish.The kofte had some grizzle the chicken shish was fine.
Its the combination of the inhospitable incident and the quiet attitude etc finally put us off . We will definitely not go back to this branch. Fortunately we will return to the Gower St and Waterloo branches that are so welcoming.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Inga L

“Best mezze”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Was recommended to me by a friend, so gave it a try this afternoon. Welcomed with hot Turkish bread and olive, bread is the best Turkish bread I have had in a restaurant. Also mixed mezze is amazing too, well seasoned fresh and plenty of! I would go here for the bread and mezze alone! We had between 3 of us the mezze platter for £31.50, exceptional value for money, we couldn't eat it all, Would have served 4 adults! Lovely, buzzy place, always a good sign that the food is good. Well done! B back soon!

“Very disappointed”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Went to Tas at lunchtime and ordered lamb cooked in onion, mushroom and peppers. When the dish finally arrived (they were not busy - only one other table was occupied) it looked ok, cooked in foil which the waitress cut away. The food did not smell or taste of anything. The tomato sauce it came in was very watery and the mutton (not lamb) was chewy.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Maria G
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Awful!!!!!”
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Lovely restaurant, staff miserable which is not like Turkish people. Ordered iskender but I don't have a clue what it was they served me!!! After spending years in Turkey I know what an iskender is!!! Maybe they thought because I was English they could fob me off with anything.
Very disappointing. On a better note the baklava was ok

1 Thank Rrrrrrrrach
“Strange Experience”
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

We had our pre-Christmas office lunch here. I ordered fizzy water, but was told that, as water was offered as part of the lunch, I would have to wait for the food to arrive before I could drink any water. I didn't want alcohol at lunchtime so had no drink with which to toast my colleagues. The food was good - everyone agreed - but when the bill arrived we each handed over £25 and each left the restaurant as soon as he had paid. The last one remaining was told to pay £50 as 'one of you didn't pay'. Absolute nonsense. They scammed an extra £25 off us and promptly lost eight customers for ever. Service was very slow: we waited 40 minutes.