“Never again!”

Neighbourhood: Bloomsbury
San Diego, CA
“Never again!”
Reviewed 24 September 2011

We arrived at 8pm; by 9:30pm our food had not been served. Excuse given was the computer was down(?). Our waiter was very apologetic, but when our meals did arrive, they were very ho-hum - my friend's spagetti bolognaise looked as if it had been on someone else's plate first. An insult to injury: an added-on service charge of over five pounds. Nice try, as we contested it as there having been no service to speak of. Don't know how other Strada Restaurants are, but I'd have to give this one definitely a miss.

• Visited September 2011

london
“Very Hit and miss. Hard pasta, limited for veggies.”
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I live nearby and so often go here for an eve meal with a voucher or for a hang-over sunday lunch! Sometimes it is really tasty, and just right.... other times it is bad and a real disappointment.

Often: pasta is undercooked and hard, and also not that warm either! Ravioli which I have had many times is usually so hard around the edges that I can only eat the squidgy middles!! Why do I keep getting I hear you ask!... well, sometimes its' okay -- and because I am a veggie, and the choice is very very limited .... basically everything comes with either sausage or parma ham!!.. even the salads and fish dishes... parma ham!!
They are mad for the ham i can tell you. Should add just a couple more veggie options.

Okay on a voucher, otherwise over priced. The waiters at this Strads are all really nice so that helps. .. and the pesto bread starter is delicioussss!!

Just dont ask for extras, 1 portion of dried up goats cheese rind on something is £2 !!

• Visited July 2011
“Slow kitchen, there are much better restaurants in the area”
Reviewed 3 September 2011

Very slow kitchen when reataurant was empty, had dinner for 4 brought main course not at the same time, had to wait a very long time

“Disappointment !!!!”
Reviewed 16 June 2011

The worse pasta I've ever had. It was cold and the sose was dry. The orange juice, which should be a fresh one, was tasteless and expensive. Never again!!!!!

London, United Kingdom
“Nice atmosphere, poor food, as in every Strada I've visited”
Reviewed 16 February 2011

Dear oh dear! What is it with these chains? I had the asparagus risotto, my companion had pumpkin risotto. I just cannot taste the essential risotto ingredients -- good home-made stock, wine, butter, good olive oil. It's simple, there are a thousand recipe books showing how to make good risotto. The philosophy seems to be, get the ambience right and people won't notice how poor the food is. So what are they doing? Not using wine? Maybe. Not using good stock? Quite likely -- maybe, like Zizzi, they are using powdered stock. Not using butter or good olive. Very likely. I would love to eat in Strada as a regular thing. If Wagamama and Busaba Eathai can do it for Far Eastern food, why can't Strada do it for Italian? I wouldn't mind paying a small bit more to get a good meal. In the meantime I shall, where possible, eat in the Spaghetti House chain, or in the La Porchetta chain, both of which make the food with a little love!

• Visited February 2011