“Delicious food, excellent service!”
Review of Strada - Brunswick - CLOSED

Strada - Brunswick
Price range: US$46 - US$51
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Bloomsbury
Wolverhampton
“Delicious food, excellent service!”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We phoned ahead as it was a Saturday, and were told we didn't need to book. Arrived, and although nearly all the tables were full, we were immediately seated at a lovely window table. The house wine was very palatable, and we nibbled some olives while waiting on starters.

My husband had rib-eye, with gorgonzola, which he thoroughly enjoyed, and was a man-sized portion lol. I had the sea bass, which came with either salad or mash. I opted for the mash, and was glad I did, a real winter-warmer of a dish.

We went the whole hog and had dessert too, panacotta for me and chocolate fondant for the hubby, which we enjoyed immensely. We were given a complimentary liqueur - limoncello or similar - which was a pleasant surprise, as we have never had this at any other Strada.

For 3 courses, a large glass of wine each and a bottle of water, the bill was under 70 quid, so can't grumble. We will visit again, next time we're in London.

• Visited January 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Apparently it was MY fault?!”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Ate in here as part of a group of 30 university colleagues - we had pre-ordered our food before we arrived. The time between courses was around 30 minutes, way too long, especially as they already had our order. Furthermore, I didn't receive my starter and mentioned this to the waiter - who then inexplicably said, "I called out the order and you didn't hear, I'm afraid." Having previously worked in the catering industry, I was appalled to hear a waiter blaming the customer for the fault! Even if it was my fault (which it wasn't) this is a big no-no. I replied, "are you actually blaming me?" to which he stood by his initial accusation. Unbelievable. This whole incident made me feel extremely uncomfortable and somewhat insulted. The waiter walked off and I heard no further word of the error until about 15 minutes later when out of nowhere my starter did actually arrive, long after everybody else had finished their's... meaning I had to rush as not to hold proceedings up even more. The portions of both my main and starter were very small and the taste was nothing to rave about, they're serving Michelin star sized portions that taste nowhere near that level - £15 for 2 courses also represented poor value for money. Will not be returning any time soon.

• Visited December 2013
Christchurch, United Kingdom
“Excellent pizzas, wonderful staff, but a bit noisy.”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Dropped in here for a coffee after a business meeting whilst waiting to meet friends, and ended up eating a meal. Next to the Cinema, in a very modern setting of a parade of shops, the building doesn't give any clue as to the type of experience waiting inside. First contact was with very welcoming staff, who were attentive althrough the meal, even with all of the Christmas party bookings filling the restaurant to capacity. With every table full, the noise levels were very high, but this didn't take away from the food. Tried the excellent antipasto, with an excellent tapenade, as a starter, then pizzas, which were covered with the freshest basil & excellent cheeses. Came out at under £60 for 3 including drinks, which for central London felt like a bargain to me. Give it a try.

• Visited December 2013
Cornwall
“Group of 24 at short notice”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We ate early which possibly helped them but was also ideal for us having travelled all day from France. The staff were very helpful and the food arrived quickly. Try the set menu if you are there on a week-day evening - simple and easy to understand and good food at a good price.

Visited September 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
“Very tasty”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Family gathering, nine people, ages from 1 to 55 ...
Last Sunday was really warm and beautiful and we spent several hours at Coram Fields.
I booked the table earlier, so when we arrived at Strada, I prayed that we would not wait too long for food – and we didn’t. We ordered risottos, pastas and pizzas, and although everything was tasty, Saltimbocca Maiale and Pollo Funghi were absolutely delicious.
The service was really good and we had a great time in this family friendly restaurant.

• Visited October 2013