“Fantastic Steak in stylish surroundings”

Gaucho - Chancery Lane
Ranked #1,128 of 23,707 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$53 - US$93
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: City of London
Transit: Chancery Lane station is closest underground, exit and walk down Chancery Lane towards The Strand, we are on the right hand side.
Description: Gaucho source the finest grass-fed beef in the world from Argentina, along with an offering of many other Argentine specialities which range from Latin American style ceviche to chorizo, Gulf de San Jorge lobster, Patagonian lamb and Argentine gambas to traditional empanadas and fine wine. We also offer the largest wine selection in the world outside of Argentina in our restaurants and guests can buy many of the wines from our wine boutique, Cavas de Gaucho on Swallow Street. With seasonally changing menus served across all of our restaurants, we also offer The Gaucho Lunch menu, either two or three courses, between Monday and Friday.
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Came here with 2 friends last night and had the most wonderful meal.

I had the 300g Fillet Steak Bife de Lomo, cooked medium rare and to perfection. The wine we wanted wasn't in stock, so we were offered tastings of several others and were not disappointed with our selection.

Very friendly and courteous service, in a relaxed and stylish environment. I love the hideskin covered chairs!

Although expensive, this food and drink is definately worth it. The place was surprisingly empty for a Friday night, but I'd advise booking all the same.

I thoroughly recommend this for all meat lovers!

3  Thank James L

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Wow! There's so much I can say about this amazing restaurant, and all of it positive! Wonderful warm welcome, as if we were regular customers. The striking decor, the intimate feeling to the restaurant. Although this is one of a group of the same restaurants you get the feeling that it's a one off, and it certainly doesn't feel like a chain. The food itself is out of the world. The steaks are just heaven, being so tender that you don't even need a steak knife to cut them! It's not the cheapest place to dine, but you get what you pay for, and in this case you get 5 stars! Loved this restaurant and will definitely be going again!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I just love the gaucho chains, and thus one is tucked away in a beautiful part of london. Service was great, wine was fabulous and the steaks are to die for.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

While it may not been seen as a good special occasion restaurant due to it's city location, people are more inclined to chose Gauchos such as Tower Bridge or Piccadilly, for us nothing compares to Chancery Lane.

My boyfriend booked it as a surprise dinner for my birthday (20/05) because, in his words, 'you know the food is incredible and [I] will be happy with the service' (I am very fussy when it comes to service). Well, never a truer word spoken. All staff were amazing, especially our waitress who really went out of her way to make my birthday special with lots of little treats and surprises whilst also providing attentive and professional service. My favourite, starter had been taken off the menu but our waitress arranged with the kitchen to make it for us. She also provided a mini wine tasting so we could decide on our wine, with good sized samples to taste. Don't you just hate it when you get only get a drizzle which you can't even taste properly to decide on your wine?

I had been served by the same waitress before at the Sloane venue and was less than happy. I think the main difference is here she was our only waitress and at Sloane they use the waiter and commis waiter system meaning you are served by two people. It is much better being served by one person throughout. Or maybe Chancery Lane is just a happier place to work?! Either way we were very happy with her service, I wish I knew her name so I could thank her.

You are guaranteed an excellent dinner experience here. I am certain we will be back.

1  Thank JayJayBee123
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Went for a nice steak and a bit disappointed really. Great collection of wines. Starters a bit commercial. Chimichurry sauce really oily (cheap)! The beef is not that good and don't you dare having the lamb as a nice pub elsewhere would give you a better roast for £20 less. Staff very friendly and clean place. Excellent location near the court and many other attractions. But the place is getting a bit too commercial.