“Nice steak”

Price range: US$55 - US$97
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: City of London
Transit: Chancery Lane station is closest underground, exit and walk down Chancery Lane towards The Strand, we are on the right hand side.
Description: Gaucho source the finest grass-fed beef in the world from Argentina, along with an offering of many other Argentine specialities which range from Latin American style ceviche to chorizo, Gulf de San Jorge lobster, Patagonian lamb and Argentine gambas to traditional empanadas and fine wine. We also offer the largest wine selection in the world outside of Argentina in our restaurants and guests can buy many of the wines from our wine boutique, Cavas de Gaucho on Swallow Street. With seasonally changing menus served across all of our restaurants, we also offer The Gaucho Lunch menu, either two or three courses, between Monday and Friday.
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Great food, not cheap but you get what you pay for. Try the ceviche it is really good, and I liked how they explained about all the different cuts of meat before you order. Always have a nice meal here.

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We have been to several of these restaurants in London and they are always sensational. The food is mouth watering, the selection of cocktails and wines is extensive and the staff are very helpful and attentive and more than happy to advise and ensure you have the best experience. Worth looking at some photos too to get an idea of the venue as it is not your average Resturant, it has a pretty special feel to it.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I ate here recently with colleagues and have to say I really enjoyed it. I hadn't eaten in an Argentine based restaurant before.
Firstly the location, décor & atmosphere is fantastic, the staff are very friendly and really attentive, throughout they explain the food, the cuts of meat (this is a posh steakhouse after all) & the best way to have the steak (i.e. blue/rare/medium etc.)
I started with a scallop ceviche which was delicious and the lime & chilli was very well balanced, I followed this with a trio of steaks each a different cut with each having a unique flavour, finally I had a lovely chocolate and raspberry dessert with coffee.
All in all really tasty, my only comment would be to make the wine menu slightly more user friendly, as it was I was washing it all down with Argentine Lager so was no great issue.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Went to the Gaucho with my husband, wasn't sure what to expect but the staff were all amazing and welcoming, showing us up to the bar which is done out in cow skin and mirrors. Had a drink, and where then shown to our table. The waitress was very friendly and gave us some wine tasting so we could choose the best wine for us. She also brought out on a board the cuts of meat and explained about each one. We shared the starter of fish platter and bread. My husband went for the infused chilli Argentinian beef which had been marinated for 48 hours in chilli and oil. I went for the plain rump, medium rare which was so tender it was full of flavour. We shared a portion of chips (they are a large portion) had 2 sides of vegetables. Didn't have any room for dessert. Would go back. We even went and had a look around the one off of Regents Street the next day and the staff in there were very friendly also we said we had eaten at the other one and he gave us a tour around. Might try that one next.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

My partner and her daughter visited on 7th March 2014 to celebrate my Partners 60th Birthday.
It all started very well with a lovely welcome and very attentive service. The food was superbly presented and the steak we shared was out of this world. But - and it's a big but - by the time the celebratory birthday cake arrived, my partner had begun to feel unwell and within minutes she tottered off to the loo and was not seen again for an hour. She was very sick. No we had not drunk excessively but she had had a prawn starter. A while later my step daughter also felt unwell - she was poorly for two days. She too had a prawn starter. I did not touch the prawn - and I was was fine. We left without making a fuss - it would have upset the birthday girl.
I went back the next day and complained. I was sent a frankly impossible to read let alone fill in form asking us to detail what we had eaten in the preceding 5 days or so. The forms never got completed. I spend £250 (overpriced wine) for a birthday treat and for my money I got the two women I love most very ill indeed. Not the outcome I wanted. Draw your own conclusions.

1  Thank StevieCCD