“Pizza by tate modern” 3 of 5 bubbles

Pizza Express - Bankside
Ranked #2,926 of 22,202 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, View, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Southwark
London, United Kingdom
“Pizza by tate modern”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

very pleasant river side location
Good pizzas
reasonable wines.
Good service
very open space and airy

Visited May 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful view - superb service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

Saturday evening on our way home having been to the fantastic Shard we popped into a “packed Restaurant” the staff quickly made up a table into the only space available upstairs and the view of St Paul's was breathtaking.
The food was very good and the service outstanding.
Highly recommended and would certainly go back - make sure you have a voucher off the internet which makes it fantastic value for money.

York, United Kingdom
“left a bad taste the mouth”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

arrived at a time when the restaurant wasn't that busy. greeted and placed at a table that was just by the kitchen, altho there were plenty of window tables. then the staff turned their backs on us, and left us to it. my husband requested a different table, and one of the waitresses cleaned a window seat and then we moved.
And then it went downhill. We moved four tables away from our original seats, and my husband misplaced his hat. we we went looking for it. Now there weren't many of customers in the restaurant, in fact there were more staff, than customers, and not one member of staff, asked us, if they could help us.
a waitress came over to give us menus, and we asked her help - but she started saying that she and her manager were too busy!, and then thought we were accusing her of stealing it! My husband then went to the manager to search, while she then said that her manager had 'worked very hard to get us the table' At this point i cut her off, saying that in fact her manager had done nothing but treat us as if were 2nd class citizens, and it was actually my husband who had got the table!
My husband meanwhile found his hat had picked up by the staff and hidden away in one of the staff's drawers - no apologies, no help.

We were hungry and tired and chose to stay, but i had the feeling as if we now been ignored. our pizzas were thrown down on the table, and it is very sad to see such a well known restaurant based in london, treat people so badly.
I work in a customer focussed environement, and i was disgusted at how we were treated. they really didn't care.
we visit this chain in our home town, and the staff there are amazing - its a real shame that the capital can't deliver on York's standard of excellent customer service.

1 Thank 379alicat
York, United Kingdom
“Customer service appaling”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

I went to the restaurant last night with my wife to celebrate our anniversary and I must say that the customer service at the restaurant we received was some of the worst I have ever experienced. After being ushered to our seat I decided to ask the waitress if we could move to a table to see the great views to which she said no problem at all. After waiting 5 mins so she could clean the table we moved over to the table and that's when the fun started. on arriving at the table I noticed my hat was missing so I went back to the table and couldn't find it which was surprising at the table was only about 4ft away.. I checked everywhere. Then when the waitress got back I asked her if she had seen it and that's when she went off on an aggressive rant by saying that she didn't steal it and also how the manager had worked extremely hard to put us on this table.. which was very funny as he didn't even know we had moved and well let's just say most tables were free. Anyway after speaking to virtually all the staff no one knew where my hat was. I then asked the manager and would you believe it the hat suddenly turned up next to the cash till. So for the remainder of the evening the waitress was extremely frosty towards us. I have been to several pizza expresses in the UK and the customer service has been fab but this just ruined the evening and our celebrations for us.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
“Fantastic view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

Sunday evening, the view of St Paul's was breathtaking. The pizzas were superb and service outstanding. Get a window seat upstairs. Couldn't fault it. Highly recommended and would certainly go back