“Great pizza and fast service - ideal for a lunch break”
Review of Pizza Express

Pizza Express
Ranked #13,952 of 23,375 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$38 - US$43
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Takeout
Neighbourhood: City of London
Description: Bright and modern, PizzaExpress Leadenhall offers an exciting reinvention of Italian classics. A vibrant menu includes wholesome Romana-style pizzas with adventurous topping combinations, as well as fresh salads, an impressive range behind the bar and aromatic coffee blends. Family-friendly Pizza Express gives kids the chance to design their own pizzas
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Meeting up with a friend during a lunch break from work, we were looking for somewhere with good food, reasonable price and that we could fit into a 45 min break.

Chose this pizza express for its location - half way between our two offices and were pleasantly surprised by the decor and friendly service. We chose to sit downstairs which was quiet enough for a catchup though tables were pretty close together.

Food was prepared and served very quickly and was one of the best pizza's I've had in a while.

Priced at £36 for two (main, a beer and coffee each) whilst not cheap is pretty reasonable for this part of London.

Reviewed 27 August 2012

A City based branch catering for the city workers across the Square Mile. Went and lunch time and the food is served hot in record time but the atmosphere and service does suffer as a result. Probably best to wait until after the rush if you want a slightly slower experience!

Reviewed 12 July 2012

No recession apparent on a July Tuesday lunchtime in this busy and large branch of Pizza Express in the City of London. You could walk from St Paul's Tube as the lead review indicates but it would take more than 10 minutes; Bank and Monument are much closer.

We needed a quick lunch and that was what we got. Service was impressive given how full the restaurant was. We were seated promptly, our orders taken promptly, drinks and starters served promptly, mains came at just the right time, no problem getting the bill and paying.

For starters we had olives so share which were perfectly ok, Drinks, glass of Silician Merlot and some still water. Fiorentina pizza and an American. Good size, not quite as fresh or crispy as we would have liked. Bill with tip: just under £38, not low for this type of food.

But elsewhere in Leadenhall Market we would quite possibly have paid more for less and waited much longer. Overall not bad, and quick. But the pizzas, and surely this is a pizza restaurant with a good reputation, were not great. So only 3 stars which is a shame as the service was 5 star.

Reviewed 20 June 2012

Pizza express isn't really top of my choice list for lunch in the city, but I go now and again. I went yesterday, I had the chicken pasta, it was okay, nice enough, quite creamy and fairly tasty, my friend had the goats cheese salad, which had lots of lettuce! We had a glass of wine each, with service it was £17.00 each approx. The pizzas are generally okay. As i say it is what it is, pizzas, few pastas and salads, they are fine, but it's not my fav choice to eat lunch to be honest.

Reviewed 14 October 2011

I went for a lunch visit with a colleague on a Tuesday at 2pm and was not really impressed. The restaurant is quite small and cramped. I used my taste card and got 2 for 1 on the starters and mains. The service was prompt and polite but that was about it. The waiter repeated my order then got it wrong so when I asked if it was OK if he could correct it he took the plates away and brought back something entirely wrong again. I gave up and ate as it was only a quick lunch but wouldn't expect this lack of attention and service from this chain.