“Better off with Tesco lasagna”
Review of Pizza Express

Pizza Express
Ranked #5,232 of 24,017 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: London Bridge
Description: Bright and modern, PizzaExpress Shad Thames offers an exciting reinvention of Italian classics. A vibrant menu includes wholesome Romana-style pizzas with adventurous topping combinations, as well as fresh salads, an impressive range behind the bar and aromatic coffee blends. Family-friendly Pizza Express gives kids the chance to design their own pizzas.
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Just paid £10 for a takeaway lasagna that was very thin, small and tasteless. Also had two waiters completely ignore me for 5 minutes as I waited to pick it up. Still hungry and should've gone to Zizzi.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

staff is great the manager very helpful and friendly, food is ok but the pizzas should be bit bigger the taste is fine but I prefer nexr door sure we will come back again

Reviewed 18 November 2013

The kids always hanker for Pizza Express - so having a quick lunch having walked over Tower Bridge and ventured to the Design Museum it was just the ticket. My 10 year old was wowed by the best Pizza Express 'lasagne' ever... what more can i say?

Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

Ended up here after walking out of the Browns Restaurant just along from here due to shocking service. We were not in happy moods when arrived but the efficient smiling service and great pizzas delivered super fast cheered us up no end! Pizzas not exceptional but good, fast and great for a tasty lunch.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed in London for a total of 6 nights , 3 nights by the Tower Bridge in the Financial District and the other 3 nights in Westminster. While staying in London we ate at a lot of fancy restaurants so this one particular afternoon I was craving something more simple, so we choose to go to a Pizza Express for some pizza or pasta. NOT a good choice! We thought because the inside of the restaurant looked quite nice and we had heard their food was good, that we would check it out!
My husband had a thin crust pizza which he said was actually really good and I ordered one of their pasta dishes, which turned out to be horrible! But more than my meal being horrible, was finding out how much our meal came to. One small pizza, one very small pasta dish and 2 drinks came to over 60 pounds, which in our Canadian currency, was $120. Back home we would have maybe paid $30 - $40 for that same meal! Well anyone who spends any time in London knows everything is very expensive and believe me, I love good food, so we never complain about paying good money for good food. But paying all that money for not so good food, felt like such a rip off! Oh well, we learnt our lesson...never eat at a Pizza Express while staying in London. Pay a little extra and hit some good restaurants!

1  Thank Barb F