“Slow and poor service by some staff”
Review of Pizza Express

Pizza Express
Ranked #16,165 of 23,211 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: Bright and modern, Pizza Express Southgate offers an exciting reinvention of Italian classics. A vibrant menu includes wholesome Romana-style pizzas with adventurous topping combinations, as well as fresh salads, an impressive range behind the bar and aromatic coffee blends. Family-friendly Pizza Express gives kids the chance to design their own pizzas.
Reviewed 22 August 2014

The food was good- the same as other pizza express branches. I was seated outside and had to wait around 40 minutes before heading in to chase up our waiter for the starter (he dealt with this straight away and apologised). Mains were both good. After dessert there was no sign of our waiter so after another long wait we went in to collect the bill. One staff member looked tired but was polite, started our bill & took money off due to how long we had to wait. However, her colleague who took over was very stroppy& continued to rush me paying - I was obviously looking for my phone as I thought I may have left it outside- (holding several bags as no-one had given our bill at the table) far from helping to look or waiting she persisted in repeating the price & after I apologised for being £1.50 short in cash and asking to pay by card, she retorted grumpily that she couldn't change it now & she'll have to take it out of her wages. Luckily I then found another £5 note which was greeted with a tut & "ok I'll get your change". Our original waiter said "bye" as we left but others were rude. Maybe better service if sat inside.

There are newer reviews for Pizza Express

Reviewed 11 July 2014

You can go there on your own or with family / friends. It´s a great place to be, not only for pizza as they serve many other items. Don´t forget to try their bruschetta, really yammy!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Went to a pizza express today. Over priced rubbish. I had the thin crust which really was paper thin , dry with minuscule topping. My daughter had the La Reine which was supposed to be mushroom. Hardly any mushroom, perhaps one mushroom diced into miniscule bits and very dry. Absolutely disappointed even the worst supermarket brands are better. Absolute tat. We shall stick with the better chains we usually go to Prezzo and Strada where I have never been disappointed

Reviewed 29 March 2014

We've given our patronage to PE in Chase Side for years now with mixed results. This most recent time, the first time we've gone in nearly a year, we went very late on a weekday night, expecting the place to be empty. We were wrong - there were several other tables in there still being served so it felt lively.

The staff person we initially saw had a face like thunder and despite our attempts to be pleasant and engaging, he maintained his taciturn attitude. He was replaced by a waitress who was cheerful enough and a great improvement.

Starters (caprese salad), pizzas (four seasons and pollo ad astra) and dessert (lemon tart and cheesecake) were fantastic. Wine - montepulcciano d'abruzzi - and cappuccinos were also of a good standard.

Nice to have a consistent place of high quality in the neighbourhood. The fact of its being on the Tastecard scheme makes it a reasonable value. We will definitely return.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Went to Pizza express for lunch, while the food was good the service and the atmosphere could have been better.

Was quite early so no one else there, however it did pick up. Staff were not exactly attentive considering we were the only ones. Menu was given to us a bit of chat and that was it.

Let down by the service, however worth noting food prices keep going up shame the service does not.