“MY Pizza Express Rewiew”
Review of Pizza Express

Pizza Express
Ranked #15,357 of 23,873 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: Bright and modern, Pizza Express Southgate offers an exciting reinvention of Italian classics. A vibrant menu includes wholesome Romana-style pizzas with adventurous topping combinations, as well as fresh salads, an impressive range behind the bar and aromatic coffee blends. Family-friendly Pizza Express gives kids the chance to design their own pizzas.
Reviewed 11 October 2010

The service i recieved while i was dinning at pizza express restaurant was marvelous honestly. The waiter were very polite and helpful when it comes down chosing what to eat or drink and they had smile on thier face for the first moment til the last monent. The building of the restaurant was very old but was comfortable to eat in. The food was value for money.

Reviewed 13 August 2008

The other evening, my wife and I decided to have a meal at the Pizza Express in Southgate. We were warmly welcomed and seated immediately, and that’s when the problems started. My wife chose the bruschetta as a starter and the Grand caesar salad with no anchovies as the main. First two courses I chose, the pollo pesto and proscuitto e funghi, were not available and the reason given by the manager, that a delivery had come in late and it hadn’t been unpacked yet. And so they asked me to choose another main, I asked them to give me a couple of minutes.
After 15 minutes I had to call the waiter back due to the fact that he hadn’t taken my order for the main yet. This was nearly twenty minutes after sitting down. And so I ordered the garlic Bread with Mozzarella La Reine.
After about forty five minutes after sitting down, and a lot of clock watching we asked the waiter where our starters had got to. He explained to us that we didn’t have any starters and that he had put the bruschetta as a main course and hadn’t taken the garlic bread at all. And so we were expecting three main courses between two people.
The manager approached our table and apologized for the mix up and explained that they would throw our starters in for free. My wife asked when the bruschetta would arrive, and she explained that it would take a couple of minutes. At this point we didn’t want free food, we just wanted food. It went from bad to worse as I witnessed the manager putting on an apron and getting into the kitchen. And It wasn’t even busy. Roughly fifteen minutes later, my La Reine pizza arrived, and not to my surprise it was cold, this was followed by the garlic bread with mozzarella cheese starter. My wife finally got her Grand caesar salad with the anchovies she specifically asked not to be in it. She explained to the waiter who took it back to the kitchen, within five minutes the waiter returned with another Grand caesar salad, or so we thought. We asked the waiter if it was a new salad, and the waiter said “ no the anchovies have just been picked out” At which point we got up and left not looking back. We spent over an hour in there and we never even sot to see the bruschetta. I have never experienced such ineptitude when it comes to restaurant service. I advise you to never go to this restaurant, or at any point ever go to chain Italian restaurants, there are enough independent Italian restaurants around that are far more superior, in class, service and culinary delights, go to them, not these faux Italians restaurants, run by inept staff who are incapable of understanding the concept of good service . Go to L’Artista in North Finchley, good Italian restaurant, serving great Italian food, with fantastic service.

2  Thank brukout2