“Must-do!”

US$40.25*
Small-Group River Thames Bike Tour
Ranked #6 of 207 Outdoor Activities in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Fat Tire Bike Tours is the only bicycle tour company to be authorised by The Royal Parks to keep you off the roads by using the cycle paths in four of their majestic London parks. Please see the photos, video and full details of tours on our website, as well as the 1000+ 5 star reviews on this site.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We had just a short time in London and this 4-hour bike tour was a perfect overview. Our guide was quite knowledgeable about history, architecture and modern culture. He helped us really get a "feel" for the city. We rode along the Thames from the London Eye past the Globe Theater and the Tait Modern. We crossed the Tower Bridge and rode through the Leadenhall Market ("Diagon Alley" from the Harry Potter flicks), and past several architecturally interesting buildings such as The "Gherkin", the Lloyd's of London building and several beautiful churches. We had a beautiful view of the Tower of London before crossing the London Bridge and finishing up with a pint at The Anchor Pub. An unforgettable ride!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

My teen daughter and I took the tour in June and loved it. We visited the royal palaces and gardens and our tour guide was excellent. He was funny and very informative. It was a highlight of our trip to London.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Joe, our guide did an outstanding job of sharing the history of London. We choose the River Thames tour since we have been to London several times before. We loved riding over Tower Bridge and London bridge plus the stop at Borough market. Rain ponchos are available but cost one pound.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

My husband and I enjoyed our bike tours so much in Paris with Fat Tire Bike Tours that we took two more while recently visiting London. The guides were very knowledgeable, polite and funny. We rode with Reese on the Royal City Tour through the parks...this was a very easy, relaxing ride and a nice introduction to London. The following evening we took the Thames River tour with Jonathan and it was a bit more challenging but also more fun and enjoyable. I would not recommend this second ride for people who are not comfortable riding in traffic. It was never a problem for any of us but could be intimidating if you are used to riding on bike paths. Our bikes were very comfortable, the routes carefully planned and the pub stop at the end of the Thames Tour was the perfect way to warm up after a rainy ride. We would highly recommend Fat Tire Tours as a great way to get to know London.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I enjoyed this London city tour as part of a Virgin experience voucher but it can also be booked directly through their website. I completed booking through email rather than phone but the email replies were helpful and very friendly. The bikes were very comfortable, in fact I would love these type of handlebars for my bike! We met at Queensway tube station where on of the guides met us and we walked to their base a few minutes walk away. After choosing our bikes we walked them to the park entrance and we were off. Our guide Sam had a very dry sense of humour which worked with the audience and he was very knowledgeable. Being a UK girl, I was not aware of many of the facts so it was great to learn from him. The tour went through many of the city parks and there was a little cycling on the road and some walking of the bikes. The whole thing was fantastic and very good value with or without the voucher. The whole thing lasted about 4 hours, with a 30 minute lunch by Trafalgar Square, where you can buy a quick sandwich or eat your own if you want to bring it. At the end of the ride, one of the main owners give a little de-brief to inform you of the other tours available and then they invite you to leave a tip and the box seems to be empty each time so I think most or all of this goes to the guide. I would definitely recommend Fat Tire tours for anyone UK based on travellers to the UK - just google Fat Tires and then look for the London trips (they also do tours in a few other major European cities). At the end of our tour (we took the morning one) me and my friend went to Montcalm hotel in Marble Arch for afternoon tea, a brilliant finish to a great day!

1  Thank Linda M