“Fantastic!”

Ranked #16 of 357 Concerts & Shows in London
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Now celebrating ten extraordinary years, Billy Elliot the Musical has won the hearts of millions since it opened in London's West End, becoming one of the most beloved, award-winning shows on stage today. Set in a northern mining town, against the background of the 1984/'85 miners' strike, Billy Elliot is the inspirational story of a young boy's struggle against the odds to make his dreams come true. The story follows Billy's journey as he stumbles out of the boxing ring and into a ballet class where he discovers a passion for dance that inspires his family and whole community and changes his life forever. Featuring a timeless score by Elton John, sensational dance and a powerful story that has captivated audiences around the world, Billy Elliot the Musical is a funny, uplifting and spectacular theatrical experience that will stay with you forever. Now seen by over 10 million people worldwide, there's never been a better time to see Billy Elliot the Musical.
Reviewed 30 August 2014

As huge fans of musical theatre, we booked to see Billy Elliott with somewhat excitement after watching the film and reading the reviews and were not disappointed as it was excellent. We managed to find seats in the stalls something we can't always afford to do but with the August Children go free offer it made it affordable for us. The dancing was amazing, the lead Billy was exceptional what talent for such a young person! I loved how they adapted the film to stage and what can I say about the music but brilliant, particularly love Electricity! The only thing I would say is the bad language was I felt a little unnecessary and was actually a bit much. The theatre was lovely, with plenty of toilet facilities and a large bar area at the back of the stalls to purchase drinks. This musical is now one of my top five and well worth buying tickets.

1  Thank jacqui43

Reviewed 30 August 2014

I tried tickets for other shows that were all sold out and fortunately I could see Billy Elliot. I love the movie and I didn't see it on Broadway so I could not miss it this time. The actors are excellent and the boy who did Billy that night was simply fantastic. It is a two-hour-show and the whole team work hard to give a good performance. I surely recommend it.

1  Thank rosanebroadway
Reviewed 30 August 2014

This show has such a huge reputation as a classic London musical so my wife and I had no hesitation in booking two tickets. There are two ways to approach a show, go in with an open mind and hope you enjoy it or expect a fantastic show and hope it lives up to expectations, unfortunately we went in with the latter and it didn't. Take nothing away from the musicians who were superb and the lead who was exceptional, and there was a good honest performances from the remainder of the cast but ......... something was missing ...a bit flat overall.
Perhaps it was the script, yes musicals must have a script, as the music and lead were so good. Perhaps it was the little girls being as to swear and use words that I expect the definitions had to be explained to them.
My wife an I couldn't put a finger on it. I repeat we went to the show not expecting to criticise it as the reputation was so good and certainly we were not looking for faults, we were just disappointed and regrettably not make a return as so many other have done.
I feel like the little boy when he saw the emperor with no clothes on and pointed out a problem which has always been there.
I would like to say the theatre staff were exceptional.
One final comment, I read that two nights previous the theatre was too cold, they obviously changed the setting as the the air conditioning could not be felt .... it was very warm.
Sorry Billy Elliot and suggest everyone goes and make your own mind up.

1  Thank Martyn H
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I absolutely loved this musical! Everything about it was amazing, the actors took you through the emotional journey and made it all feel so realistic. There was a lot of bad language within the dialogue so some may not find it suitable for young children, yet it is a great way to spend time in London and you would not regret going to see it! Although we were sat quite far back I still had a brilliant time and could see the stage perfectly.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

This is the best muscial we have ever seen! We liked it so much that we went twice in a week, and both times we cried and laughed.
The first time we booked seats in the front rows of stalls that had restricted view but the seats were comfortable and we could see the actors' faces. the second time we were in the grand circle: the view was good but the seats are very narrow, not suitable for tall people.
The cast is excellent! Cannot be missed!