Victoria Station Hotel
US$258
US$191
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbudget hotelhandy locationbusiness tripwetherspoonstheatretube
Reviewed 19 April 2012

my husband stayed here on the 12.04.2012 by the afternoon on the following day he had bed bug bites from head to toe it was horrible.would reccommend nobody stays here,it needs a full refurbishment

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank damz
Reviewed 4 December 2010

I got at room so small that if you walked in ju had to go backwards to get out. Mt company had booked a doubble room for me. Water from the toilet ran out in the room, the telefon didn't work and the heating didn't work. The hotel brought a electric fan but the cleaning lady turned it of. When you walked in the corridor there was a big hole under the carpet. And its an axpensive hotel as well. DONT SELECT THIS HOTEL

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
6  Thank ElizabethJTL
Reviewed 12 April 2010

I've actually stayed here twice (some recommendation?), once with my girlfriend (who hated it and was depressed by it, but she has higher standards than I do) and once alone before catching an early flight from Gatwick airport. The hotel is cheap for the location (near Victoria Station) and I found the breakfast quite good for the price of the hotel. The rooms are small and rather 'worn' and the bathroom was shared and very small. But it is convenient for one or two nights and I would stay there again if needed (altho my girlfriend would not).

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank palustrian
Reviewed 28 March 2010

The hotel was OK in terms of location, the rooms have seen better days and the staff was surly and unhelpful. Changed room 3 times before we were given an executive room (which we booked) that was big enough to swing my attache case.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank abbsdads
Reviewed 28 February 2010

My partner and I locked ourselves out of our flat on a Sunday, so had to track down a hotel in our area during a very busy period. Despite checking with 10-12 hotels, this one was the only one with availability. So... now that you have the background...here are the pros and cons:

PROS
1. Cheap - we paid 40 pounds for our room.
2. Location- next door to Victoria station, as the name suggests.
3. Free breakfast with the room - nothing fancy, eggs and cereal
4. Receptionist/owner- we found him very helpful

CONS
1. Rooms - ours was tiny, and there were two double bed instead of one king.
2. No en suite bathroom.
3. General dilapidation of the place.

Overall, this place is run down, small, rickety and true, on its last leg. However it should be said -- there were not bed bugs in our bed.For 40 pounds in London, we got a decent night's sleep but wouldn't want to stay here for more than 1-2 nights.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple