“Better Think about again...”

Victoria Station Hotel
Ranked #910 of 1,063 Hotels in London
“Better Think about again...”
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

Horrible,dirty,very small,too expensive and it's smell bad!don't believe to the picture,the room are very different...without wardrobe,with tv but without remote control,dirty carpet!if you are deciding to booked a room here...its better think about again!

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Man U

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Traveled from Somerset to stay 2 nights . was my 1st time staying at this hotel but my partner has stayed with u once befour.the staff very friendly bedroom v basic but v comfortible. Gave us loads of teas b coffees in the room.which was very generous,very good amount of breakfast which was included . even offered more toast. One fault could needs to improve showers.would stay Agen. Good location.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank jessiethegunea
Victoria S, Manager at Victoria Station Hotel, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
"Thank you for taking out your precious time and giving your very positive feedback for Victoria Station Hotel, we would like to take this opportunity to say you very Heartiest THANKS from entire team for your compliments & support.

We highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do. your suggestions and comments is important for us and we will make sure to work on them and get our things in better order for our other customers.

We delight to have your stay and would like to serve you in near future again.

Regards
Javed Shaikh
(Operation Manager)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Ok so I don't mind sleeping in a box as long as its clean. I arrived at 11am the only thing I asked is that was there wifi which I paid £10 for the day. Before going out to work at 1pm I lied down in bed. half an hour later I began to scratch... looked in the mirror and was covered top to toe in bites (bedbugs). I firstly went downstairs laughing and said to the slightly older gentleman behind the counter casually as I was scratching 'I think you may have bed bugs'. To my surprise there was another guest in reception putting lotion on his bites. So the man moved both of us to different rooms. I was then put on the third floor of which the wifi didn't work on that floor. I went back downstairs and a younger man said he could refund the wifi and I could sit in reception with my laptop. Due to looking a mess from bites I decided to work from home or there...so I said I would work in the room with the bedbugs and sleep in the other. As I went to sit on an old chair to work with my new pals the bedbugs I thought I would put the pillow from the bed on the back of the chair knowing that I would be there while and there was one just chilling out in the middle of the pillow...I took this downstairs not even to complain just to show them and I laughed at the response of 'its a little one' as if to say they don't bite. I tried to work after that but couldn't stop scratching and knew I wouldn't be able to sleep there I went for a walk and found another one for £10 extra than I paid that hotel and what a difference. I asked for a refund but was only given £30 out of the £50 I paid in total. Therefore I spent £20 on going to get nibbled at for 2 hours. The place is pretty filthy if you stay there which I highly discourage take flip flops to stand on in the shower as the floor has some sort of grime on it. I am honestly not fussy but that was a pretty bad 2 hours.

Room Tip: I Put average for restaurant as I didn't try it as I didn't stay there for breakfast. Just d...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Emma S
"Thanks for taking out your precious time and giving us your feedback for Victoria Station Hotel. We appreciate your views Consequently, it is disappointing to hear that you are unhappy for stay with us.

I would like update you that we recently renovated and refurbished our Rooms in the Hotel However we recently change most of our beds & Carpets to maintain standards of Cleanness and hygiene to maintain our product & Services . We try our best to put correct procedure & system to improve things by taking extra measures but sometimes things gets out of our control as these issues happens while from customers bags or weather conditions.
We do understand your feeling and situation However we assure you that we have put the correct measures and control to make our rooms in much better standards now. We Sincerely Apologize for any inconvenience it may cause to you.

It would be an opportunity to serve you the next time on your visit to our city, please contact me and I will personally ensure that to put everything is in perfect order for your stay and that is with reasonable price as well."

Regards
Javed Shaikh
(Operation Manager)

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

clevedon england
Reviewed 14 June 2013

We had to stay here as my dad was in hospital and every hotel was full ! When u enter you are met by a very confused young man, behind him are 4 old brown school tables with some cups thrown on! He sent us up the stairs , they were so out of shape looked like only the carpet held them together ! The smell hits you as soon as you start to climb the stairs , stale booze and cigarettes , bo and sex ! But worst was the smell of open sewers on second floor !(I wanted to run , but had no choice !) I opened the door , which I could have done without a key really ! The smell of burning Indian josh sticks hit us ! The windows had dirty nets and different curtains ! The doors which lead onto main road were stuck together with old parcel tape , because they didn't lock , but this was old and didn't work ! I couldn't sleep at all and had bites all over my feet and legs ! In the morning we took the keys back to the very small reception , which was blocked by three members of staff looking like security , so dropped keys and ran , didn't dare complain ! Please everyone , even if this is the last hotel in London , don't pay the over priced rate , you would be cleaner and more rested in a shop door way !!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank mcfee
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2013

This was definitely the worst hotel experience of my life and I've stayed in some right dumps.

Alarm bells began when the smug owner (or man at reception) demanded cash only. Very 1959.

However, we were desperate for a room and everywhere else in Victoria was either extortionate or fully booked or both, so we didn't ask too many questions.

The problem though is that the rooms are unacceptably dirty. Filthy, uncleansed, full of dodgy staines, seriously ready to be condemned. This hotel is not fit for purpose and you should definitely stay away from it.

It is simply the filthiest place you will ever see and an insult to out capital. The day after I was itching like mad. I'm glad other travellers posted photos. I didn't have a camera, but I can tell you that I saw even worse than the photos on display here.

Trading standards should do their job and have this place shut down. It's not on.

Room Tip: Stay away.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank StanM_13
Reviewed 5 September 2012

One of the most depressing experiences of my life. Awful room, rude receptionist and terrible breakfast. It is a shame that this hotel seems to still turnover rooms due to tourism so they feel they dont have to make the effort. I

• Stayed September 2012
8 Thank Theboynextdoor2012
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Our three days at the Victoria were uneventfull and pleasant. Located a few blocks from the Victoria Train/Tube Station with many local restaurants nearby. Our room was small but comfortable. Our bathroom tiles needed to be replaced and it was difficuly getting in and out of the shower since the bath tub & shower were combined. Getting out was especially difficult. The hotel employees were friendly and very helpful. We asked for an early arrival room but were not accomodated until 4 PM. The Bellman stored our luggage until our room was ready. There was free internet in the room.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view room
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple