“Decadent cupcakes!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Just off the South Kensington tube station, this bakery is well patronized (as evidenced by the daily queues). The place is intimate, the coffee average, but the cupcakes-- the red velvet and even the regular vanilla frosting variant-- are unpretentiously sinful and rich. SErvice is friendly and warm; I will try the cakes next time. Take-aways of 2 & 6 are presented in a pretty box; I took some home. The plus? The salted caramel cupcake comes in a gluten-free version.

1  Thank YubaPrincess

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We were so looking forward to visiting after using their great cookery books. But the result was really disappointing. Not the variety of cakes we expected and just a small corner to sit in. Our family of 5 had to sit separately as there was only one table which could only seat 3.

Was also not pleased that when we asked where the toilet was we were told there wasn't a toilet for customers to use. Not good enough considering the amount we spent in the cafe.

Am glad we tried Hummingbird bakery but think we will stick to our favourite Primrose Bakery in future.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

A small and busy shop in South Kensington. We were lucky to get seats, but most of the clientele seemed to be taking them away.

The coffee was average, but I have a weak spot for their cake, I had the Lemon cake slice on this occasion and whilst it was good, The red velvet cake or cupcake is the real gem in this place.

perfect for a catch up, gossip and giggle with my sister. Probably more suitable for takeaways for birthdays, special occasions that a cafe.

If you haven't been to a Humming Bird Bakery, try it! If you have, this branch is ok, but I prefer the one near spitafields.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

What can I say??!?? It was amazing!!! Stunning cakes, lovely staff, great packaging etc I even managed to transport a piece of the Lemon Raspberry Ripple cake all the way back to Lincoln for my husband. I will be back in July for my birthday :)

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I recently visited London with my boyfriend and was very excited to go here, as I have wanted to visit for a long time. We ate inside, think there was around six chairs. It is quite a small shop, not what I imagined.
We each had a bottle of coke and a red velvet cupcake. It was made of cream cheese (I just prefer vanilla with mine). It came to £10.
The range of cakes and cupcakes looked amazing, for such a famous place the prices were reasonable.
The cake itself was a bit disappointing. It was very nice, but not amazing and it was not as moist as it looked, quite dry and tasted like it had been there a while if I'm completely honest.