“Too sweet!”

Singapore, Singapore
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Too sweet!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I happen to be visiting the UK this July and I was so stoked because I have always read great reviews about hummingbird bakery (and I pestered my brother who was studying in UK to buy me a hummingbird recipe book) so i have had high expectations. I specially made my way to the South Kensington outlet when I was in London and it was pretty easy to get there (Just use google map and you'll be there in less than 5 minutes). The cakes looked AMAZING. I got a signature red velvet for myself and a slice of rainbow cake for my sister. It was just too sweet for both our likings. The cake was quite dry and ;/ I got scolded for pestering my sister to accompany me and make our way there specially for this dry cake. The staffs were nice and friendly! You can get them to show you their recipe books for sale and can make a purchase there, which I did. Overall, I think it's not worth the visit if you were to go out of the way to make a visit. If you are around the area, I guess it's still worth giving a go, maybe you'll like it.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank VYXT

• Indonesian first
“Super yum”
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Top top quality everytime I visit and friendly staff who are as nice to a familiar face to a camera touting tourist

1 Thank solomonjohn
“Very yummy cakes”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Has to be the best cake shop/bakery in Kensington and Chelsea. The cupcakes are delicious and so are the brownies.

Have ordered birthday cakes from here too, and they are moist and look amazing.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank MGTH99
London, United Kingdom
“This is heaven of cupcakes!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Amazing cupcakes. I love this place so much that i go there every week despite it being 2 house away from my location. I absolutely love the cupcakes here.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank NortonAlisha
Brussels, Belgium
“Sweet cupcakes”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I regularly stop by the Hummingbird Bakery when I'm in London, but it was my first time at this particular branch. The red velvet is very good, but my personal favourite is the carrot one! Love carrot cake, and theirs in cupcake form is very good, with lovely frosting. My receipt says I was served by Olivia, and if that's correct; shout out to her, she was so nice, helpful and all-around pleasant :-)

• Visited May 2014