“Good intentions but let down.”

Best Western Palm Hotel
Ranked #530 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I stayed a night here the other day for my birthday. I had a single room - room was very clean with excellent bathroom, lovely shower and spotless. The room was, however, far too hot, which I find is often the case with smaller rooms. The AC unit didn't work - gave about 5 secs of cool air then cut out. When one of the staff came to sort it out he said it was normal but it never worked and never gave cool air so I had to constantly leave the window open.
I wanted to order room service so I rang up reception to sort it all out, they said it was only available from 6 which is specifically NOT what it said on their information card in the room (5). Too late for me as I was out by then so I couldn't use one of the features I booked for.
Plus points: lovely breakfast with well cooked food, limitless quantities of everything and friendly staff. Also handy vending machines everywhere!
Had potential to be perfect experience, I suspect I'd have enjoyed it a bit more if I'd had a bigger room.
Note: it's a fair old walk to the Golders Green tube stop!!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Alexander H

Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Visited on business with group of university colleagues.
Clean room with comfy bed. Good breakfast selection - except scrambled egg and beans were only lukewarm.
One colleague fell down a step on corridor floor -someone was standing in front of the small warning notice.
Group of young teenagers running around in night banging on doors and smelled like smoking dodgy substance in their rooms so had very little sleep.
Also had considerable traffic noise
Tried to stop one of our party going outside for a cigarette in the night despite him being 23 years old.
Hotel forgot morning call ordered by our group leader.
Grungy corridors with carpet falling off stairs.
Potentially decent little hotel but a long way to go yet.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank Silvergnome
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I checked in to a occupied room the receptionist who check me i found out her name is natasha. No service at all and no smile and rude no apology just oops then gave me a new key. Then she gives me a disabled room which i think she did that on purpose to annoy me. When i told her she huffed and puffed i asked are you o.k? Then shes started sulking i think shes not happy being there because another guest was happly getting checked in by a bubbley receptionist which i wish i waited. Its not all about looks; managers stick a barbie who thinks shes pretty with her out positioned wig with bold patches. I was going to complain about her but I was told not to bother by a european woman and thats the manager sister???!! HAHAHA hilarious! The best part of my experience was leaving best western rubbish hotel. Its not all about the appearance its the service certainly important because it ruin my stay.

• Stayed: February 2014
8  Thank Bridgetjones376
Reviewed 28 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Reviewed 18 March 2014

My husband and I stay here around once every two months.The rooms are smallish but comfortable .All you need really.The staff are friendly and helpful.Room service is lovely ,the food from the restaurant is beautiful....especially the rib eye steak and New York cheese cake.Not far from Central London.There is a bus stop outside the hotel that takes you into Central London.There is a fridge in the room so you. An buy drinks and chill them.Rooms are cleaned daily and fresh towels.The breakfast is lovely and you can request poached eggs etc.The staff are lovely too.A top hotel in our opinion :))))

Room Tip: Ask for a room not overlooking the main rd,it can be quiet noisy
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank karaodp
Reviewed 17 March 2014

My husband and I had a great stay in May 2013. Clean Quiet and comfortable. Bus stop was outside. We were downtown in no problem. I love having my room towards the back as it was very quiet and I could open our window.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple