“Great value - use the buses” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Palm Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
BEST WESTERN Palm Hotel
Ranked #490 of 1,086 Hotels in London
Hinckley, United Kingdom
“Great value - use the buses”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

For the price this hotel is amazing. Don't be put off by the location as bus stops are just outside the front door which will take you anywhere in London you could want to go. We booked here because our daughter is living in Brent Cross. We were very pleased with the quality of the hotel having stayed in some real dives in the centre of London for the same money. You feel that you are somewhere quality as soon as you walk in the front door with the well decorated bar to your left and the reception desk to your right.
The rooms are modern and well equipped. We were in a standard double but yet still had a large screen TV with Sky Sports 1, a desk, fridge, hair-dryer, the usual tea making facilities, two bedside cabinets with individual reading lights. There's plenty of sockets for chargers. The bathroom is stylish with a powerful shower.
We had a problem with someone smoking in the room next to us on the first night but one mention to reception and this didn't happen again. This level of service was mirrored by all of the staff from housekeeping to bar staff.
Look for bookings that get you breakfast included. Surprisingly the best deal was on Expedia for us and not direct with the hotel.

Room Tip: We had a room adjacent to the main road but the double glazing meant noise wasn't a problem.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
3 Thank Magsaroo1974

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Barnsley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

My daughter and I stayed here when we had a few days in London sightseeing and seeing a show etc.... It is a very nice, clean, friendly hotel , the rooms were very nice, clean, and had a good bathroom, the breakfast was also good, Tea and coffee facilities in the room also...We found the hotel easy to find from the motorway and it has free parking which was excellent. there is a bus stop outside the hotel too...I would definitely stay here again when visiting London.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
2 Thank carol p
Florham Park, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

We traveled to London for the first time during the month of August 2014. Coming from Heathrow Airport this Hotel is really really far! 2 trains plus bus! so be prepared! We had no complaints with this Hotel, the staff was really nice and the rooms were always really clean. I was really afraid that the others rooms were going to be loud and make noise at night but i was surprised how respectful people were at night and how the hotel has doors separating isles to avoid the noise to come in the other rooms.
Inside the room, the main complaint was the bathroom. The sink was really small and the shower itself was very very small. If you're a tall person or a little big you may find this shower very uncomfortable. But if you're in for vacation and a good time in London those little things will not bother you! enjoy this Hotel i will recommend it to anybody that accepts the challenge of commuting! *TIP: if you're staying 3, 5 or 7 days in London and you are taking public transportation but the unlimited pass that allows you to take the 2 trains and the bus you will need to get to this Hotel! at the end of your visit, the train station will return 5 pounds plus tax back to you! Cheers!

Room Tip: We were told by another Trip Advisor member to request the quiet side of the Hotel that doesn't...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank flexzzone
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Arrived to find out the rooms were flooded and then we were moved to some horrible hotel (the holiday in) then next day we arrived at the best western palm. Very poor service and a great lack of communication. Just out front is a bus stop where you can catch a bus that will take you into the heart of London. That's about the only thing it has going for it.

Stayed August 2014
6 Thank Pat G
ripley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

brilliant looking forward to staying there next year. will be staying here next year with my husband and eldest son. lovely big bed. exellent pulic transport network to get in to london itself. nice pubs and resturants close by.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Blackpool
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

My partner and I decided to stay here on our weekend in London as we stay in a lot of best western hotels over the country but this place is a far from a hotel with personality.
On our check in at the hotel I asked if there was any chance of an upgrade as I am a best western card member and I am entitled to this for free.
The receptionist said there was a room available but when I told her I got this for free she said she would have to speak to her manager as did not know about this offer.
I was told to take a seat and the manager would come and talk to me about this after waiting for about 10 minutes I asked how long he would be I was told they could not find him so I would just have to be patient!.
After about 15 minutes he turned up and said they had no more rooms left so he would not be able to give me my free upgrade I said this was strange as I the receptionist had told me when we arrived there was a room available he said she had got confused (rubbish).
But he said not to worry as all there rooms where the same size and the only difference is things like slippers bath robes and an iPod Dock.
So we got shown to our room which was very small so I asked if we could be upgraded the night after and he said there was a room available so yes what I found strange was the next day when we moved to a new room it was twice the size of the last room but yet he told us that all rooms where the same size clearly not.
After the first night we went down for breakfast on arriving at the dining room we were told to sit anywhere we wanted so we did that was the only thing the waitress said to us I think she thought she would let us work it out for Ourselves that the breakfast was self service.
It said on the menu if you would like something that was not on the menu please ask and the staff and they would be happy to help so I asked for a slice of fried bread the girl looked at me and then pointed to the bread next to the toaster I had to explain that that was bread and she would need to ask the chef to make this after a while she came back and said the chef would not make this for me when I asked why she just shrugged her shoulders then I showed her the menu with the if it's not on the menu just ask statement she said the chef is far to busy (there was about 5 people in the dining room and the food is all self service so not that busy!)
So we left and went about our day less than impressed the next morning we went down for breakfast and I have to hold my hand up we arrived a little later than the day before 9:50 and they stopped serving breakfast at 10:00 but that still does not deserve the reaction we got on walking in the dining room the girl did not even say good morning she just looked at us like a piece of dirt and shouted YOU HAVE TEN MINUTES!! What a lovely greeting!!! And then started to watch us like a hawk in a bid to make us eat quicker and get us out it felt more like a prison than a hotel!!!!! Shocking rude and not what you would expect from any hotel.
After we left the hotel I made contact with the hotel to express my disgust at what had gone on I was laughed at by the assistant general manager Dorel so I asked to speak to the General manager Andrea Daniel who I can only describe as a horrible human being who is not fit to manage a raffle never mind a hotel even best western head office where shocked when i sent them a copy of the emails she had sent me!!

Please don't waste your money here go to a premier inn as it's cheaper the staff are far more friendly and experienced and you won't feel like your in prison!!.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple