“Wonderful stay close to Kings Cross St. Pancras”
Review of Hotel Megaro

Hotel Megaro
Ranked #131 of 1,073 Hotels in London
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Often hotels near railroad stations (and airports) are often on the "grotty" side and not somewhere you would care to spend more than one night. The Megaro is a distinctive exception to that rule. After a long and grueling day of travel with no shortage of obstacles to my room, the warm and friendly greeting at the front desk late that evening was a perfect way to end my journey. The corner room (504) is worth every penny with a lovely view overlooking both train station fronts. It can get slightly noisy during the day, but no noisier than your average NYC hotel. Indeed, it the first hotel near a rail-station, I would have enjoyed spending more than one night.

Room Tip: Corner room has best views but could be too noisy for some (more like white noise). Ask for a room a...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Teodora V, Receptionist at Hotel Megaro, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2017

Dear lonelyplanetguy

Thank you very much for your lovely words and for taking the time to share your experience you had with us.
I am pleased that you found your room comfortable and beautifully decorated and that you enjoyed its details and amenities. Our rooms are indeed stunning with all rooms individually designed. I am also very pleased to see that you enjoyed your time with us and in particular that the team were very friendly, ultimately making your stay even more enjoyable and comfortable.
Also, I am thrilled that you highlight the convenience of our central location. Indeed, our hotel is a short walk to Euston tube station and King’s Cross/ St Pancras right across the hotel. We are surrounded by shops and great eateries and many of London’s top sights are within short walking distance to our hotel. That's why it is such a pleasure for us to know that you had a good night sleep with no noise or other obstacles.
We hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to stay with us again in the near future.

Kindest regards,
Teodora

There are newer reviews for Hotel Megaro

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Great little continental hotel in London. We were upgraded to a larger room with two doubles (one bed settee) and lots of space on the corner of the building. The location for access to all tubes and rail couldn't be better. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Only niggle was the building works outside kings cross - wont be there forever but they did ruin the view and added to the noise.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Sini K, receptionist at Hotel Megaro, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2017

Dear VF,

Thank you very much for a wonderful review following your recent stay with us at the Hotel Megaro.
As you have mentioned we are ideally located on the door step of St Pancras and Kings Cross Station. The whole team was overjoyed to read that you were pleased with our hotel. This is very true we do have an amazing team at Hotel Megaro who are truly dedicated to giving the best service at all times.
Once again thank you very much for a lovely review, we hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hotel Megaro very soon.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Just got back from an overnight stop.What a great spot just across the road from Kings Cross station
We arrived early and were right away given our room on the sixth floor although my husband doesn't like lifts it was definitely worth the walk up the views over London were superb we had a room at the rear of the hotel so we were not disturbed by the road noise
The room was a lovely size with everything that you could want the bed was also
very comfortable
I would highly recommend this hotel whose staff are very pleasant and helpful

Room Tip: High floors for a great view
1  Thank Qhoracer
Tania S, Front Office Agent at Hotel Megaro, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2017

Hello dear Qhoracer,

Thank you very much for giving us a FIVE star.
It is very much appreciated. Our aim is to ensure that all our guests have a memorable and pleasant stay with us. Your review means a lot to us and gives us the strength to keep on trying our very best.
I am also pleased to hear that you found our rooms beautiful and comfortable and that you found our hotel facilities, as well as location across Kings cross/ St Pancras very convenient.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

My wife and I, in our early sixties, stayed for two nights at the Megaro.

We were fortunate that our room was upgraded to from standard to superior and, by London hotel standards, it was huge! We had a choice of front or back - back would have been quieter, but we went for the view of St. Pancras Station - so the traffic on Euston Road was rather noisy, but we are sound sleepers and it didn't disturb us.

Room was clean and decor very modern and airy. Decor throughout the hotel was imaginative and artistic.

Reception staff were very friendly and helpful.

We ate breakfast both mornings in the hotel - it wasn't cheap but it was freshly prepared with some imagination and ingredients were of high quality.

Location coming into King's Cross from the north was perfect, just over the road.

Overall, we thought the Megaro was, for a central London hotel, very good value for money and we would be happy to stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Euston Road will have traffic noise but good view of St. Pancras Station. Rooms...
1  Thank BassettHound33

Hello dear BassettHound33,

Reviewed 23 August 2013

I booked this for my wife because of is location right next to King Cross train station for a flying one night visit to London.She arrived slightly early but still was able to check in with a free upgrade to boot.Hotel was superbly placed for train station,service was first class and was clean and modern a very pleasurable experience,well recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Hello dear Brianxjulie,

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Arrived here for a four day stay in London, the staff were very welcoming and helpful. After our first night and no sleep due to works happening over the road my husband went down to the 24 hour reception at 4am and asked that we be moved. The reception moved us that day to a room toward the back of the hotel. The room wasn't as big as the first and the bathroom although clean it needs sections replaced in the shower as it has wood rotting from the water. My husband works with timber and wood directly hitting water daily will not last the distance especially in a hotel. Other than that the bed was better than the first room and we have had a good nights sleep each night since being moved.

Room Tip: Ask if have got any works happening around their hotel

Dear Review64,

Thank you very much for your constructive feedback following you stay with us at the Hotel Megaro.
We were delighted to read that you were impressed with the room. On the other hand, we were sorry to read that there were a few points that were not up to standard during your stay with us. Thank you for bringing these to our attention, as without constructive feedback such as this, we cannot address areas in need of improvement.
We do hope we will have a pleasure of welcoming you to the Hotel Megaro were you will give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Location for me was first rate right opposite Kings Cross. When I checked in they told me that sadly the lift was broken and my room was on the 6th floor !!!! They offered to help me but I hate being carried upstairs :-) Anyway they also told me that i would not be disappointed when I got to the room-they were right it was super. Great views, great bathroom.
Staff were very friendly, had breakfast in their cafe/bar-very good and the scrambled eggs the best I have eaten away from my own house.
Would certainly use again, oh and btw I made 7 trips in total up and down the stairs !!

Room Tip: take a risk and ask for a "room at the top"
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear David G,

As you have mentioned we are ideally located on the door step of St Pancras and Kings Cross Station. The whole team was overjoyed to read that you were pleased with our hotel . This is very true we do have an amazing team at Hotel Megaro who are truly dedicated to giving the best service at all times.