Hotel Megaro
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
2,717 results
All reviewsst pancraskings crossgreat locationeuston roadespresso machinepancras stationsky tvfamily roomgood sizedeluxe roomcomfortable bedstreet noisegreat roomexcellent hotelmini barstayed one nightcentral location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I stayed here for two nights toward the end of June 2012 (have only recently found out about Trip Advisor and the ability to place a review, and have noted that I stayed in Dec 12, only because the options do not go back to June '12)). The location was just fantastic, very close to St Pancras, and other underground stations right next door made it possible to transit anywhere in London very easily. My room was a very large room on the Euston, Belgrove corner or the building, large bathroom. Very comfortable bed, and room very nicely presented and maintained.

Dining room décor was "industrial funk" and very well done. My breakfast and all other room service food was just amazing.

I would very happily have gone back to this hotel again, but remain "scarred" by the reception service. While I was a guest, (letter of introduction and registration at reception was done in my name) my father passed away in Australia during my first night staying there, and when my sister rang during the night to advise me, the staff member was emphatic that I was not a guest there and that she had the wrong hotel. Several conversational checks from Australia to confirm hotel name, address, fax, website, etc and they were all correct, but I was definitely not a guest!!. My sister insisted that the message be taken down and passed on to me when they realized that I really was there. Next morning, I rang Australia, and was told the sad news, and was asked if the hotel had passed on the message...........WHAT MESSAGE?? When I went down for breakfast, I went to reception and asked if any messages had been left for me, NO, I asked and checked again, NO, and this went on for probably half a dozen checks (and more NO's) with several different staff members, and eventually, someone produced a scrap of paper, which I asked them to read me, and only then, the significance of what they were telling me hit. I told them that my sister was told repeatedly that I was not a guest here. NO apology, NO condolences, NO offer of complimentary service, NO offer to reimburse any international phone calls, it really was just an incredibly CARELESS AND NON CHALANT attitude. I am planning a trip to London next year, and am researching hotels near St Pancras, OH DEAR !!, and the travel agent who recommended this hotel has been well informed of this rather unfortunate incident.

I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN !!

Room Tip: Right on the corner of the building at the junction of Euston Rd and Belgrove. I did not find the noise excessive, and the best part was I could open up a window and let the fresh air in. If you are a precious sleeper, close the window when you go to bed. Leave special instructions with your immediate family not to pass away while you are there.!! You might not get a chance to fly back home in time to attend a family funeral.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Coral R
Sima P, receptionist at Hotel Megaro, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2017

Dear Coral R,

Thank you very much for a wonderful review following your recent stay with us at the Hotel Megaro.
As you have mentioned we are ideally located on the door step of St Pancras and Kings Cross Station. The whole team was overjoyed to read that you were pleased with our hotel. On the other hand, we were sorry to read that there were a few points that were not up to standard during your stay with us. Thank you for bringing these to our attention, as without constructive feedback such as this, we cannot address areas in need of improvement.
We do hope we will have a pleasure of welcoming you to the Hotel Megaro were you will give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves.

Kind regards
Sima

Reviewed 17 November 2013

We spent 2 nights here and had a very pleasant room of a good size though a lot of the space was taken up by a second put up bed which we didn't need. Staff were very friendly and the décor was interesting - on the 'funky' side.
Whilst we were there they lost their satellite reception and were unable to get it fixed - we'd planned a relaxing time whilst my husband was working so this was a great disappointment and we were surprised that they had no back up plan or way of solving the problem. However, they did give us a discount to make up for it. This was also fortunate as we discovered our booking 'may or may not include additional taxes and fees' so the room was actually 20% per night more expensive than we'd budgeted for. This is unusual for Expedia so must be a hotel policy. I think there are better hotels in the location in the £200 per night price range and would probably choose a different one next time.

Room Tip: If there are only 2 of you make sure they don't give you a room with an additional bed.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Deyse M, Front Office Agent at Hotel Megaro, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2017

Dear Jenny P,

Thank you for sharing your experience with other travellers.
All the team here aim to create an atmosphere and feeling of home and relaxation – so to read your feedback is very rewarding for us.
Our hotel is indeed a short walk to Euston tube station and King’s Cross/ St Pancras right across the hotel. We are surrounded by shops and great eateries and many of London’s top sights are within short walking distance to our hotel.
Please accept my apologies if there was any inconvenience caused, and we can only hope that you choose Megaro next time you stay in London, and do not forget to collect your -10% voucher off dinner at Karpo Restaurant at reception.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

The Megaro Hotel is a wonderful hotel across from Kings Cross/St. Pancras station. It is very easy to get onto the transportation and go anywhere in the city. We stayed in a Deluxe room which was very nice and included free robes, slippers, water and milk. The room was very large and had a view of the St Pancras Renaissance Hotel. The walls could be thicker as there was a lot of road noise but it was not overly annoying.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Tammy L,

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Quick check in to room 301 at back of hotel, nice and quiet. Large room with everything we required, hospitality tray, iron,ironing board, nice toiletries in the big bathroom. Bed a little on the firm side for me but I still managed to sleep. A bit slow in taking our breakfast order however nice when it came (Eggs Benedict). Very convenient hotel for travel via mainline Kings Cross and St Pancras

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Collybean

Dear Collybean,

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Just come back from a trip to London with girlfriends to see a show - something we do every year and I have to say that the staff in this hotel were the friendliest I have ever experienced in London. We would like to say a special thank you to Lynsey who took the time to show us a lovely walking route to Portobello Market - you were right we thoroughly enjoyed it there. The hotel has an excellent location, like other reviewers we arrived at Kingscross station and it was lovely to just walk across the road to check in. When we booked we thought we were having continental breakfast but we had a freshly cooked hot breakfast, fresh juice & coffee - all of which was gorgeous & included in our room price. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends