“Amazing rooms, with nice little details and cool design.”
Review of Hotel Megaro

Hotel Megaro
Ranked #140 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I stayed here due to its convenient location opposite Kings Cross Station, and had noticed its striking and pretty cool artwork on the outside of the building. The decor in the lobby area is similarly funky and colourful, and there are lots of nice little features, such as a range of free daily newspapers. The staff were polite, and the room itself was enormous, with a very comfirtable bed, loads of storage space, decent bathroom and really nice selection of loose leaf teas. Whilst the road outside is very busy, the room was also well soundproofed and you don't hear much traffic.

The minibar was also reasonably priced for a London hotel, and had some nice German beers in it, which I enjoyed. Added to this there is a big desk area, lots of different types of lighting, good wifi and a quite cool looking bar/restaurant downstairs (which I didn't visit this time). Price is a little expensive, at £163, but you can pay similar in London and get far less.

Would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Dan K
Deyse M, Front Office Agent at Hotel Megaro, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2017

Hello Hello Dan K,

Thank you for sharing your experience with other travellers.
All the team here aim to create an atmosphere and feeling of home and relaxation – so to read your feedback is very rewarding for us.
Our hotel is indeed a short walk to Euston tube station and King’s Cross/ St Pancras right across the hotel. We are surrounded by shops and great eateries and many of London’s top sights are within short walking distance to our hotel.
Please accept my apologies if there was any inconvenience caused, and we can only hope that you choose Megaro next time you stay in London, and do not forget to collect your -10% voucher off dinner at Karpo Restaurant at reception.

Deyse Miguel

Write a ReviewReviews (2,657)

Reviewed 27 January 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here at the end of December 2013 and we had a great time. The hotel is ideally located for those taking the Eurostar, as we did. And also it's just steps away from the tube station, which is very convenient and makes getting around London quite easy. We also took it to and from LHR.

The rooms are quite big, we got the Executive Double, and designed very well. The bed and bathroom are equipped with all the amenities you would need. My only complain would be the Espresso machine in the room that didn't work too well. I'm not sure if I was not doing it right, but it kept spilling over.

There are a number of restaurants in the area and we ate in a couple of them. You have Italian, Indian, Chinese, Continental and some fast food places. Breakfast was very good and you could choose from a variety of items on the menu. I especially like the 'plant wall' that is there and service is quite fast. We came back for one more night early 2014 and were given a room with a balcony. That was nice. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank toriper

Hello hello toriper,

Reviewed 25 January 2014

I think there's a fair few of dingy places around Kings Cross, but when I stayed here as I needed to go to Paris on biz and was seeing others nearby, I found this place new and fresh. The pictures on here are accurate. The rooms really are that nice. And for the price it's a no brainer. It has a smart boutique-y feel and a nice spot to get some food and drink downstairs as well though I mainly went to nearby pubs instead. I can't think of a better spot in the area really without spending a fortune. Staff was friendly enough and let me use their printer to print out my train ticket on the fly. I'd dare to say it's almost 4 of 5 stars, when I think it is clearly listed as a 3 only. I don't think you can do much better for the area for the price and would def stay here again.

Hello hello TheRockffc,

Reviewed 19 January 2014

I chose to stay here based on previous reviews, and the close proximity to Kings Cross and St Pancras due to work commitments meaning I had to attend meetings in two different London locations on consecutive days.
Upon booking, I found the price of £105 for the night initially slightly higher than I imagined, however upon further comparison to other hotels in the vacinity with poor reviews, etc for a similar price, it quickly became more favourable.
I arrived early morning to utilise the luggage room, and the staff were very understanding and helpful, and appreciative of me not wanting to carry my luggage across London - A great first impression.
When I arrived back later to check in properly, the member of staff was aware I had my luggage stored and asked me if wanted it at that point, very good attention to detail.
The only negative point came next which was the unavailability of the lift, which meant I had to carry my work bag and luggage up the stairs to the second floor, with no offer of assistance.
When I got to my room I was impressed with the modern decor, which was colourful and vibrant, and it just felt, and indeed was very clean throughout.
The room 'instructions' were detailed, and quirkily worded to fit in with the style of the hotel. The bed was very comfy, and the temperature could be controlled by me to suit.
I'll be back here in a couple of weeks!!

Room Tip: Being London, it's always noisy outside, so request a rear room for a better nights sleep
1  Thank SuntanMan10

Dear SutanMan10,

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Nice Hotel, great position - really lovely, helpful front desk staff, room good for a 3-4 star hotel in that part of town - albeit on the expensive side compared with others nearby. Really enjoyed staying there. The let-down was the restaurant – Karpo - I suspect it is not run by the same people who run the hotel. We had dinner and breakfast there – the food was OK – almost good, but portion sizes were dismal for the starter and main at dinner – stingy in fact. Maybe it was because it was January and we are all meant to be on a diet. The restaurant staff (both dinner and breakfast sittings) seemed to have better things to do than attend to the few diners who were there – the old problem of “customers are an inconvenience” attitude prevailed…. Paucity of diners on a Saturday night attests to both my observations I think. Also, be careful they whack the 12.5% service charge on the bill automatically.

Room Tip: Stay at the hotel - our room on 2nd floor was just right. Avoid the restaurant and bar - there are m...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Meg A

Dear Meg A,

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Agree with geeluckhurst review. It's hidden away and shares the Barclays Bank building. Spotless and quirky. Great room, fab bathroom, very comfortable bed and facilites. Looked out over stations which was great. (Ask for 603). Terrific location - for Kings Cross/St Pancras and Camden. Underground two minutes away I went to ExCel easily in 40 mins, and to Knighstbridge in 20. Lovely, helpful staff. Can't fault it. Will be back.

Room Tip: It's on a main street in London, so expect some traffic noise. Just turn up the volume on the...
1  Thank goldzeroseven

Hello hello goldzeroseven,

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I stayed at the Megaro hotel for a few days at the end of the year and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The room was large by London standards, clean and comparatively silent considering the hustle and bustle of Kings Cross Station. The entrance to the tube is just outside the entrance. I booked my room months in advance and that was probably the reason I believe I got good value for money. I checked further dates, but the daily room rate does not seem to be as competitive as the one I booked. Anyway I recommend it and will keep an eye on the rates myself for future reference.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo