“Brilliant in every way”

Ranked #114 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Lancashire
“Brilliant in every way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel is opposite Kings Cross rail station so location is ideal for Central London.
Fantastic room standard, monsoon showers, wide screen sky TV, free wifi, coffee machine, lovely food, brilliant bar- thanks Nico.
I also had the pleasure of a night in one of their apartments - beautiful luxury.
It's not a quiet hotel given it's location it never would be but at £130/night it's just good value for luxury in this location. Enjoy the chandelier in reception and the beautiful decoration throughout.
Stay here!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Wall, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

I was going to the rugby with some colleagues and it looked like a late night so I booked in there so I could get the first train out back to Newcastle on the Sunday morning. I chose it as it was directly opposite Kings Cross and didn't really expect that much but it was fabulous!

You can leave your bags with them in advance of check in which if you are doing something early in the day like I was is great. No fuss they check your name and whisk your bag away after making sure you have everything you need and the service is really friendly - they put a note on their system to say I would be checking in later in the evening.

Check in was again a great experience friendly and warm which many hotels just don't get right and within a couple of minutes you are in your room. I had the cheapest one and the receptionist told me she had put me on the quieter side of the building as it was usually lively on a weekend.

I didn't use either the bar or restaurant although I did pop my head around to have a look and they both looked fabulous. You can get room service from both. I popped out for a takeaway to eat in my room and you are very well served locally.

The room was much bigger than I expected for the price with a fabulous bed, coffee machine a really interestingly stocked mini-bar iron and some of the fluffiest towels I have experienced for the price. The shower is great (if not a little complicated) and the only issues I had were I could not get the heating to work but there were two electric heaters in the wardrobe which solved that problem and also the only television channel I could get was BBC 2. I'm sure both problems would have been resolved by reception but as I was only there and awake for a couple of hours I left it.

The bed was great with a snugly duvet and also amazing pillows. The only reason I give it 4 not 5 stars was the noise. There were people outside clearly very merry all night only stopping at around 6am when the refuse trucks came to empty the local bottle banks which did not make for a settled night. So if you are a light sleeper it may not be right for you.

However, I loved it and even though I work in the city centre when I am in London I will be staying here again as it is great value for money and so accessible due to the location next to the tube and station.

Room Tip: I'm not sure you can get a quiet one you just have to accept you are where you are and it is noi...
1 Thank Izzyk
on the go
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

Stayed here with friends and enjoyed it. Great location - train station directly across the street. Convenient for taking the Eurostar. Burger King is next door. The breakfast was included. We had a Triple room which had double bed and 2 pull down murphy single beds which was perfect for us 3. Very modern and open bathroom to say the least but all in all- would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank fotogirl
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

I spent one night in this hotel because of work reason.
Room was clean, big and stylish furnished. Big bathroom
Breakfast is really good, with fresh juice. Delicious pancakes with strawberry and white chocolate!

3 Thank Anna C
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

I stayed here due to its convenient location opposite Kings Cross Station, and had noticed its striking and pretty cool artwork on the outside of the building. The decor in the lobby area is similarly funky and colourful, and there are lots of nice little features, such as a range of free daily newspapers. The staff were polite, and the room itself was enormous, with a very comfirtable bed, loads of storage space, decent bathroom and really nice selection of loose leaf teas. Whilst the road outside is very busy, the room was also well soundproofed and you don't hear much traffic.

The minibar was also reasonably priced for a London hotel, and had some nice German beers in it, which I enjoyed. Added to this there is a big desk area, lots of different types of lighting, good wifi and a quite cool looking bar/restaurant downstairs (which I didn't visit this time). Price is a little expensive, at £163, but you can pay similar in London and get far less.

Would certainly stay again.

3 Thank Dan K
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here at the end of December 2013 and we had a great time. The hotel is ideally located for those taking the Eurostar, as we did. And also it's just steps away from the tube station, which is very convenient and makes getting around London quite easy. We also took it to and from LHR.

The rooms are quite big, we got the Executive Double, and designed very well. The bed and bathroom are equipped with all the amenities you would need. My only complain would be the Espresso machine in the room that didn't work too well. I'm not sure if I was not doing it right, but it kept spilling over.

There are a number of restaurants in the area and we ate in a couple of them. You have Italian, Indian, Chinese, Continental and some fast food places. Breakfast was very good and you could choose from a variety of items on the menu. I especially like the 'plant wall' that is there and service is quite fast. We came back for one more night early 2014 and were given a room with a balcony. That was nice. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank toriper
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

I think there's a fair few of dingy places around Kings Cross, but when I stayed here as I needed to go to Paris on biz and was seeing others nearby, I found this place new and fresh. The pictures on here are accurate. The rooms really are that nice. And for the price it's a no brainer. It has a smart boutique-y feel and a nice spot to get some food and drink downstairs as well though I mainly went to nearby pubs instead. I can't think of a better spot in the area really without spending a fortune. Staff was friendly enough and let me use their printer to print out my train ticket on the fly. I'd dare to say it's almost 4 of 5 stars, when I think it is clearly listed as a 3 only. I don't think you can do much better for the area for the price and would def stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business