“I really wanted to like it more...”
Review of Aromi Restaurant

Aromi Restaurant
Ranked #1,984 of 25,464 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

I was staying in the Hilton and dining alone and They had two of my favorite Italian dishes on the menu, so I decided to try it. The atmosphere was nice and the service was fairly attentive.
Alas, the food - every thing they put in front of me was lacking flavor. Gnocchi Gorgonzola to start - the pasta was cooked nicely, but it’s hard to make a Gorgonzola sauce bland yet there is no other word for it. I love a creamy, tangy Gorgonzola cream sauce and all I got was tasteless frustration.
The chicken saltimbocca was only slightly better. They found a way to cook the saltiness out of the prosciutto and then bury the flavor on a heavily garlic infused bed of orzo.
Add in the London hotel pricing and it didn’t feel like a very satisfying experience. It could have been so much better.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Our last meal in the UK has left me feeling aggrieved. I ordered a glass of wine, not a large glass. My husband (who is deaf and wears hearing aids) ordered a dish that had a bonus a bottle of beer at £3. He was told by the waitress that that particular beer wasn’t available but if he was happy they could replace it with a Sol.
We selected the Chicken Tikka, which was fine and well presented so no complaints about the food.
My husband went and paid the bill. Whilst he was doing so, foolishly I stayed at the table and roughly estimated what it should cost. When he returned with a receipt significantly higher I checked it. The £3 beer was charged at £5.50, the glass of wine was a whopping £11.20 as clearly I had been given a large glass not a glass neat ploy! AND to add to the insult we had been charged 12.5% service charge. My husband may have agreed to the latter without hearing what they said. It added another £6.59 to an already inflated bill.
I could only ask for the £2.50 back for the beer but the whole feeling of being ripped off spoiled what otherwise would have been nice food. The latter being why I gave the restaurant 3 otherwise it would have been a 1 blob!
Watch your bill when eating there. It is the only place in 5 weeks to add 12.5% service charge.

Reviewed 27 May 2018

This restaurant is in the lobby of the Hilton where guests in the rooms can look down upon diners.
Took quite a while to be seated (restaurant was empty) and even longer to get any type of service (this continued throughout the meal) Should have taken this as a sign but after a 10 hour flight we just wanted to eat and go to sleep.
I had potato gnocchi and my hubby had grilled swordfish both at best average. If not for the convenience we would not bother to eat here again.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Friendly staff, nice environment, good food and beverage selection (did not like English beer, sorry, however scotch was great).

Reviewed 15 April 2018

I had dinner with some business colleagues at the Aromi restaurant in the Hilton Hotel at Heathrow's Terminal 4. The restaurant is open plan in the atrium of the hotel. There is a good choice on the menu and the food is decent quality. Service was OK but a little slow. The hotel has a car park which is quite expensive but if you are staying using the hotel's facilities (including the restaurant) you can have your ticket validated by the concierge and receive a discount.