“Overnight stay with my 4yr old”

and 1 more site!
Travelodge London Central Euston
Ranked #451 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Abingdon, United Kingdom
“Overnight stay with my 4yr old”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I booked an overnight stay with my 4yr old boy as a birthday/Christmas treat. I wanted to do quite a bit with him, so decided to stay over. The hotel was conveniently located very close to the train station and was priced at approx. £150 so was very reasonable for a London hotel. As their website states, its recently been refurbished and our room was clean, tidy and very well presented. It wasn't the biggest of rooms, but adequate for our needs. As I had a small child with me we opted to eat in the café/bar, and that's the reason why the hotel didn't score 5 stars as the food was not great and the one toilet next to the café/bar was out of order so we had to travel back to our room for any 'comfort needs'. I had fish and chips and the fish was hard. To be fair, it's a hotel - not a restaurant, so I can't really complain. It served us well. On, another point - there was an additional security door internally, which was reassuring for a lone parent with a child. In fact, the hotel was recommended to me by a colleague and this very point was one of the reasons why I chose to stay there.

Room Tip: Room 112 was not very noisy at night.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
South Derbyshire
Reviewed 12 December 2013

After staying at the Travelodge Kings Cross Royal Scot I was wondering what we would be faced with on stay at the Travelodge Euston on our return trip from Paris.
These rooms were a delight to stay in. We were on the lower ground floor but the rooms were bright and spacious with all the amenities you need (small flat screen tv and kettle). Yes there is some noise but I have experienced that in every city hotel I've stayed in.
We weren't left enough towels in our room for 3 but this was easily remedied by a quick trip to reception where the staff were extremely helpful. Would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JosieJo42
Newtownards, Northern Ireland
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on business in dec 13. Room was quite small but was clean and comfortable. Price very reasonable for a hotel that is essentially in Central London and is literally within spitting distance of euston tube station. Unfortunately the night time road noise made sleep very difficult: I wonder if the hotel should maybe invest in triple glazing? Breakfast was a bit of a let down too. Wouldn't be my first choice of hotel for a leisure trip but was very reasonable for a one night base. And as I said above is clean and comfortable.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Hotel room was clean and comfortable.

Wouldn't recommend the catering, it was nothing to write home about.

Plenty of noise within the hotel, I could hear the occupants upstairs quite clearly, but this could have just been my room only.

Toilet cistern was running when I entered the room, managed to fix it myself.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Very impressed with the extremely friendly and helpful staff.
Well located near 3 mainline stations,room and facilities basic but clean.
Only criticism - the shower controls weren't very good, and the shower curtain too short so the bathroom got a bit damp!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Having just left Windsor Central we went for a night at Euston before getting a train. the bloke on reception was not very nice but apart from that the room was Clean, Air Con a welcome bonus in the heat, Breakfast was good with plenty of choice, Bed very comfy, noise wasn't a problem as it seemed very quiet considering it was a busy area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Compact, clean, comfortable air conditioned rooms with king sized beds. The furnishings and rooms may be functional but they are clean and cared for. The room I had was on the ground floor, despite soundproofing there was noise from the street as the hotel is situated on a busy junction near Euston Station. Check in is a self service affair, but I understand that staff are available to assist should you require help - non were visible during my check in process.

The hotel does not provide toiletries in the bathroom / shower room - they are available to purchase should you forget your own.

There is a bar / restaurant on the lower ground floor serving meals and breakfast. The meal that I had took over 40 minutes to prepare and be serve (fish and chips), so I would not recommend as there are numerous restaurants and bars nearby.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Care at Travelodge London Central Euston, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Whilst we are please to learn you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable jd2412, it is regrettable to learn you were disturbed by noise outside of the hotel. This hotel is located in the hustle and bustle of the city therefore we are aware that some external noise may be heard; however in an attempt to reduce the noise we do provide double glazing and insulated walls. We expect our staff to provide great levels of service throughout your stay and provide assistance at all times, our staff may not be at the reception desk at all times as they made need to complete other tasks however there will be a buzzer should you need to alert them for required assistance. We are sorry to learn you experienced a delay in the bar café. Our bar staff our fully trained in how to provide an efficient service and to ensure all food is prepared in good time, we will be sure to pass on your feedback to our hotel management team which will help the improvements which need to be made.