“Comfortable stay”

Ranked #452 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Newport
“Comfortable stay”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Travelodge was conveniently situated next to Euston station. Room was very comfortable and exactly what we expected from this budget chain. Bed and bedding super comfy so that's a big plus. Tea and coffee facilities - no biccies. No fridge or safe. Bathroom and shower very good, but think at least some hand soap could be provided. A dispenser attached to the wall would be perfect. Receptionist seemed surprised when we mentioned this , as she said they had been fitted last week! Were we just unlucky that our room was missed? Only other suggestion would be a mat of some sort in shower area to prevent slips. Room was spotlessly clean.Also very quiet as we were on ground floor and away to the back of hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

No problems here. By far the best travelodge I have stayed in and I've been to a few. Clean, friendly staff and convenient for euston station and Central London. Would recommend it highly to anyone. Will definitely stay here again. Air conditioned room was great after a hot day in London.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Dwodr
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 4 July 2014

when u wanna stay in london with good price, then tailor the expectation into the most important issue. To me, that is good sleep and nice shower. I spent four nights here including one weekend. Though being allocated to the room beside street on the first flr, street noise were not a big problem. Double bed meets Travelodge's promotion -- comfortable. Steady hot shower coming out with strong water ends up the day pleasantly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Southport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My daughter and I travelled from Southport across to London. I booked this for its location as I have a disability which prevents me from walking too far and it was conveniently close to the station.
The lady on Reception was friendly but a bit difficult to understand as her English was not so good.
Room was clean and tidy.
We booked breakfast online and saved £1 each - it was good. Basic english breakfast, scrambled eggs, beans, bacon, sausage, etc and cereals, fruit juice, etc. Good value and filling before a day exploring in London!
I found this hotel ok. As with all travelodge hotels, I think you get what you pay for. Ideal base for an ideal price for Central London.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Rates very considerably depending on the day of the week (weekends are cheaper). When they're low, this is a good value indeed. When they're not, they're still not bad for London. The rooms are small but adequate, clean and comfortable. Unlike the TL at King's Cross, this one is air-conditioned, which was a good thing in the unusually warm weather of late June 2014. The desk clerks are competent and helpful; one (Aurelia) was so kind and cheerful that she cheered us up, too. Euston Station is right across the street and a ready source of decent food and drink, so we didn't try the cafe in the basement.

Room Tip: Ask for a "quiet room" (back side of building, away from street noise) and you'll get...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Porcophile
Burnley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

2 night stay June 14. The hotel looked tiered, even though it has allegedly been refurbished, both lifts didn't work, no hairdryer in room (5am wake up to wash my hair), rooms were noisy (inside and outside hotel), left my case in the staff room to pick up later and it was absolutely filthy, god only knows what the kitchen facilities are like, just glad I didn't eat there. I was HAPPY to check out!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

2 Thank Lisa M
TravelodgeUK, Nicolas from Customer Services at Travelodge London Central Euston, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
We are very sorry to learn that your stay did not meet with your expectations Lisa M. We would expect our lifts to be in full working order during your stay. However, in the event that a lift should break down, we would also expect the issue to be resolved in a timely manner so we apologise for the inconvenience you experienced. Unfortunately, it is also not always possible to fully reduce the noise that our guests might experience however we make every effort to minimise the noise that might be heard from outside the hotel by insulating the walls and providing double glazed windows. We would like to further understand the issues you have highlighted to find a resolution. Please could you visit our website and select the Contact Us button to provide us with more details and when doing so please specify you have left a TripAdvisor review.
UK
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I originally booked to stay at Walthamstow Travelodge but was relocated to Euston as the refurbishment at Walthamstow had not been completed on time. The original booking was for £34 per night which Travelodge honored even though Euston commands a higher price. The organisation of this change could have been handled more efficiently with a quick phone call rather than relying on emails, which were not received.

Check in was a smooth process and early book in was also available at a charge of £10.
The room was on the first floor at the back so was very quiet considering it is a busy area of London. Air-con was a bit noisy and the window locked but the room was a comfortable temperature even with air-con turned off.

Whilst the room is not huge, with most space consumed by the enormous king-size bed, it is sufficient for one person. I think it would be a squeeze for two and I certainly wouldn't spend more than one night as a couple.

The decor was pleasant enough and spotlessly clean. Tea and coffee supplies were plentiful and with 2 supermarkets across the road there is opportunity to grab biscuits or fruit if you want a snack.

Shower had good power and easy to control the temperature which stayed constant. Hairdryers are not provided in the rooms but are available from Reception. I was aware of this and took my own anyway.

I discovered that the TV in my room had no sound and reported this to Reception. After a few attempts at resolving the issue Andrea offered to move me to another room on the same floor. When she returned with my new key card she had also added complementary breakfast for my stay. This was an unexpected gesture and very welcomed.

The breakfast area is very small and quickly becomes crowded. It is not a relaxing start to the day but as I had free breakfast offered it was handy to be able to grab a coffee and toast before heading out. I would not say that the breakfast offers great value for money and there are far more interesting options within a short walk of the hotel.

After checking out I left my bag in the locked staff room until the evening, rather than drag it around all day. The service is offered free of charge but is a no frills service and no ID was placed on the bags or asked for when collecting.

Overall, I was very happy with my stay largely due to the fact that the price was so low for central London.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo