“not bad for the price you pay.”

and 1 more site!
Travelodge London Central Euston
Ranked #447 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Ellesmere Port, United Kingdom
“not bad for the price you pay.”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

hotel was clean, in an ok location, staff were friendly and it was easy to check in. Room was tidy again, king size bed, decent tele and tea/coffee making facilities. Room is basic but quite modern and is ok as a quick stop off for business etc. bathrooms clean but could be a bit nicer and a bit better thought out.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Manchester
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Travelodge have spent a lot of money renovating most of their hotels and this one is included in that catogory.

Always basic but always clean from my experiences and would recommend. We used the self check-In machine and was checked-in in 60s.

We was on the ground floor and even though their was passing noise wasn't a problem. Fantastic location for tube/overground and decent price for central London.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Warren D
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I have stayed at Euston Travelodge many many times and have received a friendly welcome every time. Really quiet rooms. Ideal for public transport-trains, underground and buses. Walking distance of British Museum!!!
It's hassle free and great value for money. The staff are just WONDERFUL!!!

3 Thank j_harrop
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Having stayed in many other Travelodge hotels I had no worries in booking this one. What a MASSIVE mistake. This has to be the worst hotel I have stayed in. We arrived on Friday evening and were checked in relatively quickly. We were given room 212 which although quite small appeared clean and tidy - until it came to going to bed. Throughout the night I was constantly bitten and even had little red bite marks over my body to prove this. At 4.30am having no sleep I finally had enough and went to the reception to ask for a different room only to be told there was no other rooms available. The man on the reception desk was extremely unhelpful and suggested that it must be mosquitoes despite the window being shut!!!! The following morning having had no sleep and being completely exhausted I went back to the reception and again asked to be moved to another room. This time the receptionist was helpful and moved us to another room. However he knew nothing of my complaint through the night and had I not gone back no one would have followed up my original complaint.
We were then moved to the room next door to our original room. On entering the room, it again appeared clean and tidy and was slightly bigger than the previous room but there was a very musty, damp smell. This was probably due to the carpet being soaking wet as you entered the room - again reported to house keeping and nothing done.
We stayed for 4 nights in total and couldn't wait to leave. The room we were in had very little external noise apart from a couple of ambulance sirens, however all the doors to the other rooms along the corridors bang when they are shut so constantly throughout the night and into the morning you can hear doors banging shut when people come and go.
I have nothing positive to say about this hotel and if I could have given in a worse rating than terrible I would.
So if you want a good nights sleep where you aren't going to be the local bugs midnight snack then I would say stay anywhere else - even the local park bench would be more comfortable!!!.

Room Tip: Don't pick this hotel is the best tip I could give someone.
2 Thank Shar1983
TravelodgeUK, Niki from Customer Services at Travelodge London Central Euston, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thanks for your review Shar1983. The above complaint regarding insect bites has been fully investigated by our management team and by an external, professional pest control company. We take such complaints very seriously and follow strict policies to ensure thorough checks are performed in our hotels without delay. We can confirm no evidence of infestation was found in our hotel.
Fleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Booked a twin to treat my friend to London trip. Beware as the beds are tiny and not standard single. So narrow you can't even roll over.

I asked for a room with decent sized beds but they weren't able to help at all. We had a very uncomfortable night.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

2 Thank alnic2014
Llanelli, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed here for a weekend while shopping and meeting friends for the weekend. Didn't eat at the hotel. Stayed at many Travelodges, what I found with this one was that the rooms were very small and the shower seemed to be blocked aswell which overflowed a bit into the bathroom. The shower floor was also very slippery and dangerous. Being near the road didn't bother me as I'm a heavy sleeper. Windows are locked but you have a very good air conditioned system that lets you keep the room cool continuously, which I learnt by falling asleep and leaving it on all night and waking up at 4am and freezing. My fault.

Room Tip: If you want a bigger room then try Kings Cross or Kings Cross Royal Scot Travelodges, about 15-20 mi...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Peterlee
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Very convenient and functional. next to Euston for buses and tubes.

Breakfast good value. Only trouble is it is difficult to sleep because you cannot open windows and airconditioner makes a racket. If you don't put it on it is too hot.