“Agree With Previous Reviewer ...Beware AMAZON Users As Well As Groupon!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cheminee Persian Restaurant - CLOSED

Cheminee Persian Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“Agree With Previous Reviewer ...Beware AMAZON Users As Well As Groupon!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

A party of four of us went to Cheminee on Sunday for a 3 course lunch, arranged through Amazon. We, like the previous reviewer were charged double the service charge! I have since contacted the restaurant TWICE by email to ask for further explanation regarding this...no reply, 5 days later! The meal we had was just ok, in this very basic restaurant, which is definitely in need of a make over. There was a strong, kind of "musty" smell throughout, which increased as you descended to toilets in the basement. The waitress fulfilled her role in the sense she served all of us our food correctly and without any long delays, but without a hint of a smile & no interaction with us at all For this reason alone, I resent paying such a hefty service charge. No one from our group would return to this restaurant. There is simply too much choice in London. We recently dined in both the Dorchester & Ritz with Amazon deals, neither of these top class establishments, (I must add with service that was second to none,) added service charges of 25% that Cheminee does!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Elizabeth W

• Polish first
“Ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

It was a mistake to sit outside as all tables are not stable which makes it rather hard to enjoy your meal plus outside pub opposite was alot of... Well loud people. Inside actually looked quite pleasant. Food was fine, rather large portions so you shouldn't leave with empty bellly. Prices reasonable. Service charge 12.5 already added to the bil.

London
“Rip off Service Charge...... beware groupon users!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

I purchased a meal for two on Groupon for this restaurant as I was meeting a friend in the area and a lover of persian food. The food was ok, had better. The waitress does her job, but without a smile, seemed peeved that we asked for serviettes that were not damp, too damp to use!

I am not a great lover of Restaurants adding 12.5% service charge at the best of times, I tip well, but only when the service warrants so.

I was amazed to see that the restaurant had added 12.5% of what the meal would have cost me outside the deal I bought, so I actually paid 25% service charge!!! I asked the waitress why she had added this amount onto my bill, she said " I told you from the moment you sat down there would be a 12.5% service charge" Correct I responded, but not 12.5% of what my meal would have cost me outside the deal!!

I would never return, there are far too many good reputable Persian restaurants in London, Alounak to name one.

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Babaroonie
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely little Iranian place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

This is the third time we go to this place. Parking is free after 7 pm on a single yellow here. It is a small, quiet place. We went for the usual salad Olivi and the Aubergine (with tomato, garlic and herbs). The skewers were very soft, delicious and tasty. I have to say I love their saffron ice cream. Also, because it is a small place, the service is great. I would recommend this place for a nice quiet meal.

Maesycwmmer, United Kingdom
“A little gem in a big city”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

I've visited this restaurant pretty much every time I've visited London over the last three years and always had decent food and friendly service. Hidden away in a side street it's grown in popularity - there was a time one could just rock up and get a table but nowadays its prudent to pre-book to make sure. It manages a pleasingly quiet ambiance, the food is good value: unpretentious; well presented; tasty; filling meals which suit me fine for my long journey back to Wales. A decent plate of food; bread; and a drink for the £20 mark is great value, the staff have always been friendly towards me and the proprietor welcoming. Its just seven minutes walk from Paddington so no worries about missing the train home. The meal illustrated in my photo is the mixed grill with persian bread and a pot of chilli sauce. Happy noms.

• Visited April 2014