“Quick stop for a quick bite”
Review of Brewmaster

Brewmaster
Ranked #5,332 of 22,516 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Grill
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Description: The Brewmaster is an English pub just off Leicester Square and a minute's walk from Covent Garden, Soho, Piccadilly, and Trafalgar Square. We serve traditional pub food as well as gastro burgers and sharing platters. We love traditional ales as well as craft beers. Families are very welcome and children can try our children's menu. A spacious dining area available upstairs. Outside tables and smoking areas on both sides of the pub.
Orlando, Florida
“Quick stop for a quick bite”
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Great location, fish and chips were pretty good. The upstairs bar was not crowded so it was good for a quick gathering, where you could sit down and talk.

• Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great location, food, beer”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This pub has a great location near Charing Cross station, and has a lively bar on the main floor and a quieter place to eat on the first floor. Great selection of cost effective meals and a great selection of craft beers.

Visited April 2014
Fulham, United Kingdom
“ales perfect!! Food poor.”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Went in today to meet friend. Had 3 Ales. All superb. Thought after the first ale was great i would stay for lunch. I ordered the hunters chicken. When it came. All it was 6 bits of chicken. Over cooked bit of bacon. LIttle bit of cheese and burnt chips. All this for £10. i hope this was a one off and not the norm. I do like this pub. Great location for meeting people but food needs to improve.

• Visited April 2014
Reigate, United Kingdom
“A welcome stop”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Stopped in here for a quick drink mid afternoon. Found the staff to be friendly and managed to find a nice little table by the window. Really nice house wine too.
The table next to us had food and it looked lovely.
Great location

Visited March 2014
London
“Horrible staff, hypocritical manager.”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

The hostility of staff in this place is outrageous. I am a Londoner who works 5 mins from Leicester Square station and won't be coming back to this place. My experience here was arduous with really terrible staff attitudes throughout the evening. I would have left instantly due to the rude welcoming I got the moment myself and my friend walked through the door upstairs and were told we couldn't sit where we wanted but where we were told to (despite the floor being empty apart from one couple), had my friend not already bought a drink and in her good cheer said we should just give the place a try. The two of us were meeting up after work to discuss her recent trip to India as she wanted to show me her photos. The bar downstairs was completely full and due to the rude food service waitress upstairs we made the decision to come downstairs for a drink and eat elsewhere later. I bought myself one drink. As there was no seating space downstairs we were allowed to sit at a large table with three men and another woman on it, all four of them were strangers to us and to each other, everyone was waiting for something ie: one of the middle aged men was waiting for his train to depart so he could leave via Victoria and the elderly woman was waiting for her show to begin in half an hour in the west end theatre next to us. So my friend and I sat at that table, she showed me her photos, I told her about what had been happening at work etc. I decide to get up to get a drink, my friend hops up to ask if I will get her one too, I say I will. I walk to the bar and the sullen faced man behind the bar didn't even let me open my mouth before he told me "I am not serving you". Of course I laughed because I thought he was joking, but his expression didn't change, so I told him I wanted to make an order. He barks at me "You have had enough to drink." Everyone at the bar turns to stare at me as if I was some drunken lout, I stand there completely shocked and embarrassed, not fully comprehending what was happening. I am *completely* sober, I have bought myself one drink only that entire day and the man hadn't even bothered to hear what my order was going to be: AN ORANGE JUICE!!! I stand there mouth agape and he walks away from me as if I don't exist, by this time my friend comes over to me and I tell her what happened, she calls the man back who then told us that neither of us were getting any service, after questioning him about why that was for the 5th time he finally said he wasn't serving us due to one of the men on our table apparently having had enough to drink (might I add the man in question was a bit tired looking but wasn't slurring words or behaving violently or anything, he was just kind of sitting there looking sleepy -not that his actions had ANYTHING to do with us). This man who is a stranger to us both, who neither of us have bought drinks for at all, is the reason that I myself have "had enough to drink"??? While unfair to lump strangers together like that I would have been willing to accept their stupid logic of "people at the same table won't be served" if another of the men from the same table as us who was really drunk and had been sitting with this guy far longer and closer to him had not been standing two people away from us at the bar and what do you know? Being served beer by the same guy who refused us! We spoke to the manager who was very rude to us insisting that we knew this stranger (and yet somehow the other two men and old lady at the table weren't in this equation), we had to call the manager out a second time as he walked away from us after calling us liars, finally he said he checked CCTV footage at the back and that he saw we were telling the truth so we could stay. But who is going to stay after being treated like that? After loudly being refused service as though we are troublemakers by the rude staff in front of a packed bar full of people, after being called liars by the manager or having CCTV checked like we were criminals and after witnessing them still serving the others at the table? I was furious so we walked down the road and 2 minutes away found another better pub, and you know what? I was served food and drink, whatever I wanted and with a friendly smile! There are hundreds of pubs near Leicester Square station, steer clear of this place with the ugly attitude of its staff. I see from the other reviews that everyone else who tried to speak to the manager experienced something equally unpleasant. I used to be a bar manager myself and I know that this is not how this business is supposed to be handled. I have never been treated this way by any establishment before, all we wanted was a peaceful evening and look at what we got. Shameful.

• Visited March 2014