“Superb Drinks Selection”

Price range: US$9 - US$22
Cuisines: British, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Notting Hill
Description: With Hyde Park right our doorstep, The Champion is perfectly placed for taking in the sights and sounds of leafy yet vibrant Notting Hill. Our mighty fine London pub is blessed with bags of character and charm, attracting regulars as deliciously diverse as our beer list. Soak up the atmosphere over an indulgent Sunday roast and a few friends, unwind with a pint in front of our open fire or discover our 'secret garden' downstairs.
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

What a great looking pub with a fantastic selection of beers and wines. Loved the decor, superb location opposite Hyde Park and beer garden is amazing. Food was good, service efficient but not particularly friendly TBH although if you,re in good company with good beer in great surroundings that doesn't matter too much to me personally. Will be back on future visits to London.

There are newer reviews for The Champion, Notting Hill

Reviewed 2 May 2014

It was my boyfriends birthday and we were having a day trip to London to celebrate. We arrived at 1:30 and it was extremely quiet for a Sunday lunch time. The man behind the bar seemed a little blunt and the atmosphere pretty dull. Oh great decision I had made for a birthday lunch out!
Anyway, we ordered Sunday lunch. A meat and a vegetarian option. I am fussy as hell with a Sunday lunch as nowhere ever quite gets it right. However, this was probably the best Sunday lunch I have had out before. The portion size was perfect. The spuds....the Yorkshire pudding.... even the vegetarian option was delicious. Everything was cooked to perfection.
I did go in to a few other pubs whilst I'm Notting Hill. Make sure you eat at this one. Neither the food or the drinks are over priced. Maybe just go from about 2:30 as this is when it started to liven up. Also, the staff are not rude once you get talking to them.
Thanks The Champion, so glad that we came.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Although a little trendy The Champion was for a long time my favourite local. They often have interesting guest beers, a great selection of wines, and a high standard of pub food. The atmosphere is relaxed. In the winter it is cosy and in the Summer they open the front up to make it very airy. The staff are usually not that great, but that seems to add to the places character for me.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

A nice Sam Smith's pub in a good location. The usual array of Sam Smith brews on tap, the double four lager and extra stout being among my personal favourites. The interior is quaint with beautiful stain glass windows, a pub that requires intimate conversation or a group of friends for it to be appreciated. Overall a really nice casual laid back pub with a suitably chilled vibe from the staff. Went in only for one afternoon beer, stayed for 2-3. Will go back if i'm in the area. Recommend for an afternoon drink post-shopping with a partner/group of friends.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I have eaten here a few times during my stay in London and each time it has been excellent. The food is very good, reasonably priced and the staff has always been exceedingly nice and on top of things.