“Our best meal in London so far”
Review of Hansom Cab

Hansom Cab
Ranked #1,493 of 22,564 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$13 - US$26
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: We are a traditional British pub serving fresh homemade food and craft beer in a relaxed environment!
Brookville, Ohio
“Our best meal in London so far”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

We ate our first meal in London at the Hansom Cab and we haven't had as good of an experience anywhere else yet. The manager on duty served us and was incredibly hospitable. The drinks were great and the food was wonderful. Simple comfort food prepared with class. The place is lovely. Even though we've since dined at much "nicer" restaurants in town, this is the only one I'd return to and recommend.

1 Thank Robbie R

“Lovely pub but food was awful”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Me and my partner stopped by at the Hansom Cab on Sunday to sit outside and have a few drinks in the sun. We decided to have a roast dinner which turned out to be one of the worst roasts I have ever had; the roast potatoes were rock hard and the home made Yorkshire puddings were very dry. To make matters worse we were charged 10% for the service even though no-one bothered to ask if we needed any sauces/salt/pepper and we had to get up ourselves to ask them to take our plates away. I did complain and we were given a drink each on the house but still didn't make up for the fact that there roast gave me a bad stomach. Will definitely not be returning.

• Visited June 2014
Somerset
“BRILLIANT PUB”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Went with friends Thursday night...Great atmosphere and friendly staff and locals. Made to feel welcome and had a great choice of drinks, super service. We had already eaten so didn't order food but it looked and smelt good!
Wished we had found it earlier but will certainly return when next in London.

• Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Reputation rebounding big time…..”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I had been slightly put off the Hansom Cab by dint of its past owners Piers Morgan and Marco-Pierre White. Apparently they treated it as a quasi private club and annoyed the locals. They are now gone and the new owners seem to operate a handful of pubs around London.

Arriving early for a spot of lunch, we got the full attention of Martin the excellent Maitre' D whose first move was to steer us to a good "off the run" meaty Malbac. His fish and chips recommendation was spot on and followed up by some insightful guidance on a local gin, "Sipsmiths", accompanied by a feisty tonic. My only recommendation would be to serve proper mushy peas rather than the slightly effete minimalist posh pea puree. That said, a generally delicious lunch and good surroundings. The locals seem to be back and it was a pleasure to have Dolly the long haired rescue dog sitting at the bar with her owner.

Good pub, will be back.

• Visited February 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely and Accommodating Pub”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I booked a table at this pub for my fiancés birthday and I found the staff very accommodating of our large group; the service was friendly and efficient and the food was just delicious. I had the bread board which was lovely - the bread was even warm - and the chicken roast which was delicious, the chicken was moist, the yorkshire pudding was huge and they let you choose how many roasties you'd like. Fab!

The staff also served the cake I'd baked (with no cakeage fee) and even added candles which was a lovely thoughtful touch. Everyone was really impressed and I wouldn't hesitate to return or recommend this pub to others.

• Visited February 2014