“Nice food which was a great price”
Review of The Lucas Arms

The Lucas Arms
Ranked #1,489 of 25,420 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Bar, Grill
Neighbourhood: Clerkenwell
Neighbourhood: Clerkenwell
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Visited with family - got 3 meals and 3 drinks for £24 and the food was nice! Maybe needs a some new décor but cannot complain.

1  Thank bigj6348
LucasArms, General Manager at The Lucas Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Thanks for nice review, glad to hear you and your family enjoyed your meals, I will pass on your comments to the team

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Nice and simple pub. Outdoor space, inner space with relax environment. I had the big fish and chips. I had beeter ... The extra Vinagre onion was nice but the white bread with butter doesn't add up. The mash peas was nice but was something missing... Like mint or something.
The boss at the bar was really jolly.
Nice spot

LucasArms, General Manager at The Lucas Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Hi Ricardo, Many thanks for your feedback on your visit to The Lucas Arms, the 'big fish and chips' is supposed to represent a typical chip shop experience which has a pickled onion, bread and butter and curry sauce. Unfortunately, it is not traditional to add mint to the mushy peas. Glad to hear you enjoyed though. Hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

real London pub. bit noisy and crowded. friendly staff. good selection of real ales and very good priced meals. Would go again if in the area.

LucasArms, General Manager at The Lucas Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Hi Andy, Many thanks for your positive review of The Lucas Arms, unfortunately, almost every evening from 18.30 until 22.00pm we are extremely busy with guests coming in at those time for food making the pub 'noisy' I am glad to hear this did not marr your experience too much and we look forward to welcoming you next time you are in Kings Cross

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

The team here is always so welcoming, the prices are very reasonable, Josie , Barry and Angela are my favourite people working there.
I highly recommend this pub to all travellers who wish to have a good time.
Thank you team!! ;)
You will see me with my friends very often!

LucasArms, General Manager at The Lucas Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Hi Fatima, Thank you so much for your great comments, it is always good to hear from our lovely customers when we get it right. I will pass on your comments to Barry and Angela, and once again thank you so much for taking the time to post.

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

I stopped in twice hoping to get fish and chips, once at lunch time and once at dinner. Both days there was no host or waitstaff. The second time I went to the bar to ask if I could sit outside and the bartender replied with an indifferent shrug. I sat outside and no one ever came to take an order. After a few minutes I went elsewhere. Not sure if they never have waitstaff, but if this is the case it would have been nice if him to clue me in.

LucasArms, General Manager at The Lucas Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Hi Rummy, I am very disappointed to hear about your recent experience at The Lucas Arms. I am not sure which day you came in, but I will certainly speak with the team and try and ascertain what happened. Unfortunately, I have been on holiday for one week so it is possible that some standards might have slipped. Whilst I know this is not any excuse for bad service.
As I was not here at the time, I am reading your comment and guessing this is a case of mis communication? Unlike restaurants, a lot of pubs do not have table service, rather you order both food and drinks at the bar. We do bring your food over to the table, but essentially customers order at the bar. I am really sorry if this was not communicated to you, clearly, I have some training issues I need to address to ensure all our customers understand the procedures.
I hope you accept my apologies and give us the opportunity to rectify and hopefully create a good impression for you. If you are in London, or planning another trip, do drop in and ask for me, my name is Josie and I will be happy to offer you a goodwill gesture.