“Very good Wetherspoons”

Cuisines: Bar, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Called in for a quick meal a couple of times and a breakfast, when stopping at travelodge, 5 mins away. As Wetherspoons go, it wasn't too bad. Food was the usual standard, service was good, staff ok, clean enough, nice looking pub, nice decor, with interesting history of the area on the walls.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Popped in for a late lunch and had the menu of the day, fish 'n chips. The cod was well battered, crisp, tasty - with the cod inside moist and tasty. Chips were crisp and just perfect. Served with mushy peas, nice. Had a pint of bitter with it, total bill just £6.09 - amazing value.
A great venue by the Old Street roundabout, I've been here a few times and its always been consistently good all-round. Recommended.

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

I am sitting here at the moment and ordered 4 different things which they did not have any....l ordered the curry waited half an hour then was told they did not have any....the menu said FOOD SERVED UNTIL 11 what a joke.......

1  Thank Malc6262
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Bargain breakfasts well cooked, (pay an extra 8p for unlimited coffee refills) nice and quiet in the mornings.Great evening meal and drinks choices and superbly priced pub but very busy, in good location on Old Street (Easyhotel & Travel lodge nearby), nice and bright and very well managed and maintained. Excellent staff. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

My girlfriend and I went here Monday, 3 March 2014. It was our last stop in our five-day London sojourn, and it was by far the worst. I ordered the pulled-pork sandwich; she had the jacket potato. The girl behind the bar was mentally checked out, barely saying a word while taking my order, pouring my beer, or taking my money. Later, when my girlfriend asked for butter, the girl said it would only be a minute and they would bring it to our table. Fifteen minutes later, my girlfriend went back to the bar to find the butter just sitting there for another employee to hand it to her. And it was not a busy night. It was Monday early evening. Few of the tables were taken, so it was not like the girl behind the bar was overwrought.

The food itself was no better than the service. My sandwich hardly had any taste at all. The onion rings tasted of nothing but grease. Really, the best thing about the whole meal was the coleslaw. How often does one say that?