“Best Chinese I've eaten outside China”
Review of Mr Liu

Mr Liu
Ranked #4,686 of 24,017 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This is a regular. Salt chilli prawns are to die for! Simple, local restaurant and also deliver (cash only). You must try it.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Visited Mr Liu last Saturday. We arrived at 6.45pm and had not booked. The small restaurant was already full but the waitress managed to sit us down to the table by the counter where I guess Take Away visitors wait for their order. To make things simpler we chose the £36 share menu for two with some jasmine tea. The starter consisted each of a spare rib, sesame prawn toast, fake seaweed, spring roll and a little chicken satay skewer. The rib was quite moorish but the chicken was very very dry. After the starter came the aromatic crispy duck. The duck was alright and the pancakes were at least hot. Three dishes followed ( beef in black bean sauce, usual Chinese mixed vegetables and sweet and sour pork) accompanied by a bowl of special fried rice. The beef was nice and not chewy but the meat in the sweet and sour dish was tasteless and very hard. Over all, the meal was edible but not special. You now can buy very good example of these dishes in M&S or Waitrose. The tea was nice and the waitress topped up the tea pot regularly. At least the prices are reasonable and the service was good.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

We visited midweek and quite early, 7pm.. It was quiet when we arrived, but nearly full by 9pm. When we left . The service was good, the food was fine, but nothing special. Parking was easy, just a few yards up the road. The price, yes o.k., but I hate the service charge being on the bill.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Visited Mr Liu with friends for a farewell meal...not me!
The restaurant is nicely laid out but I found the food to fairly average. The service was good and you will receive the usual brusk attitude from the waitresses. Part of the enjoyment of going to a chinese restaurant.
Prices are fairly reasonable, working out at around £23 each including 10% service charge.
Nice enough but wouldn't go out of my way if looking for somewhere special.

Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

I've eaten in numerous Chinese restaurants and this is the best Chinese food I've ever had. The atmosphere inside the restaurant isn't great, it's a but dingy, but who cares when the food is fantastic?!

1  Thank LiverpoolL