“Absolutely incredible Turkish food”
Review of Liman Restaurant

Liman Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 24,997 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$13 - US$30
Description: Temporary closed from the 31st of July untill the 14th of august. Established in 2016. The Liman Restaurant means port in the Turkish language, however the restaurant opens its doors to all aspects of the mediterranean kitchen. The kitchen will be mostly focused on Mediterranean food; the owners of the restaurant are young professional chefs who can bring new, exciting tastes to Angel, Islington which will show trough in the quality of food they prepare.
Reviewed 5 December 2017

The food here is incredible, the staff are so friendly and polite, the atmosphere is always buzzing, and the decor is always beautiful with fresh flowers no matter what time of year.

I would recommend the Moussaka (vegetarian) and the lamb shanks as a main for sure! Although every dish I've tried here has been incredible!

1  Thank Natashatare
Write a ReviewReviews (1,129)

Reviewed 4 December 2017

Lovely family feel, nice food - as everybody else says. But our evening was lessened by having to get up every 5 minutes to close the faulty front door (it was v. cold).

That might sound a bit picky but i passed by a month later and it still wasn't fixed. Which, to me, isn;t the customer service I'd expect of the restaurant rated no. 1 in London. sorry

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Was very pleasantly surprised by this friendly little restaurant. It was very busy and had a great atmosphere. The food was wonderful, full of flavour and beautifully cooked. My husband declared the lamb chops were the best he had ever tasted, praise indeed. Prices were also very reasonable. We will be back the next time we are in London

1  Thank weelassieScotland
Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

I went to this Turkish Restaurant with my family first time as it is always difficult get our kids off McDonalds and KFC. Anyway they were all asking me same question: why are we here? I told them to just look at the menu. We all ordered and the food came. It was all exceptional. All the kids enjoyed what they had, they are now Turkish Food fanatics. They want to try other restaurants now. An excellent experience it was. Recommend *****

2  Thank Adrian H
Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

I honestly don't have a single bad thing to say about this restaurant it is truly wonderful. I live practically opposite and had been wanting to try it out for a while. I've now been with both my mum and my boyfriend (both of them loved it). The first time I visited was with my boyfriend and he chose to go here as he noticed it was #5 out of 18,000+ in London on Tripadvisor! On arrival we were greeted by a lady, who I assume is the owner- she is delightful and so are the rest of her team! We really enjoyed the complimentary flatbread starter. I had the lamb shish which i'd recommend! The setting of the restaurant for a date night is perfect with all the fairy lights on the wall. We were so pleased with the quality of our meals and the fact that they are ridiculously reasonably priced- so good for London! Visited again a few weeks later with my Mum (who is a veggie) she loved the large variety of vegetarian options & ended up choosing the Mussaka (which was divine!!) Visit number 2 was as good as the 1st and my Mum was as impressed with the restaurant as I was. Will certainly be back...

2  Thank GM1113