“it's ok”

Price range: US$20 - US$53
Cuisines: Bar, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chelsea
Description: Set in the heart of residential Chelsea, a short walk from the Kings Road, The Phene has been a pub at the centre of the community since 1853. The Phene is comprised of an airy ground floor bar, a large leafy garden, an exceptional restaurant serving modern British cooking, and two private dining rooms on the first and second floor.
Reviewed 1 June 2014

came here on a saturday afternoon.
the weather was decent so the garden was packed.
it's a nicely decorated place, bit more pricey on the drinks.
didn't eat, so can't vouch for food.

it's a bit out of the way but worth a visit, particularly if the weather is good & sit outside.

full of posho's when we went but don't let that put you off.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

At the end of a long weekend trip to London my wife, eldest daughter and I decided to take a stroll back to Westminster along the embankment after exploring the Kings Road. To set us up for the walk we decided to have a lunchtime drink in The Phene. After a warm welcome on a typical rainy May day and ordering drinks from the friendly barman we sat at a table in the bar.

A brief examination of the menu soon convinced us to stay for food and we were glad we did. My wife and daughter both ordered the burger, one with pulled pork the other without, the meat was juicy, bun substantial yet light and the skin on fries crispy and not remotely oily. My wife was most impressed with the coleslaw which she reported to be like none she'd had before.

I opted for the quinoa and grilled broccoli salad which I was glad to see came with roasted sweet potato rather than lettuce! As I still believe "salad" to be a four letter word I added the chicken which was cooked to perfection.

The service was exemplary with the waitress attentive yet not imposing and the aforementioned barman cheerful and ready to serve.

We will undoubtedly visit again when we next return to London and would wholeheartedly recommend to others.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Went on a Friday night with a girlfriend to grab some beers, enjoy the sun on their outside patio for the short bit it while it was out and have dinner.

Food: My girlfriend and I both ordered the burger. She added the pulled pork and I added the bacon to our burgers. Clearly we know how to eat! Unfortunately being from the states we expected our pulled pork and bacon to taste differently and were both disappointed. The burger itself is yummy as is.

Drinks: We ordered two beers with dinner.

Price: For two people we paid 45.28 GBP.

Ambiance: The outdoor patio is great when the weather is nice. Definitely get there early since it's first come first serve. The space inside is very welcoming and cozy.

Service: Everyone from the bartender, hostess and server were all very friendly.

Would I go back? Definitely! It's a great spot in Chelsea.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Great buzz on a Saturday and a lovely garden, which does close at 10.00 so get inside quick for room in the bar. The wine list is very good starting at about £20.00 a bottle which is about right for the area. Most of the clientele are young Chelsea residents and the pub had a great atmosphere.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Had lunch here last week with friends and all the kids so were quite a few of us. Had a great table tucked out of the way - this place is very busy and as the day was good was extremely full.

Food choice was good and something to suit all 8 of us. Had the sharing platters as starters which everyone enjoyed.

Overall a good food experience with good service the waitress was also on hand to make sure we had what we needed

2  Thank ian239