“Great fresh pub food”

Price range: US$20 - US$53
Cuisines: Bar, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chelsea
Description: Set in the heart of residential Chelsea, a short walk from the Kings Road, The Phene has been a pub at the centre of the community since 1853. The Phene is comprised of an airy ground floor bar, a large leafy garden, an exceptional restaurant serving modern British cooking, and two private dining rooms on the first and second floor.
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Great value for money for the location. the Pub was cosy and quiet at Tuesday lunch time. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The food was tasty light and fresh. The beer garden looked like it would be prefect for a summer party, unfortunately it was raining the day I visited.

Oh and I saw a star from made in Chelsea there...

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Myself and my fiance were visiting Chelsea and we decided to stop off here as we liked the look of the place. It was a beautiful sunny day so we took advantage of their terrace garden. Would highly recommend. It has huge parasols so you get to until the shade but be out enjoying the weather. It is surrounded by bushes and trees and is a nice little retreat. We only had a few drinks and a bowl of chips each but we couldnt fault the place or the people.
Would love to go back for a meal in their restaurant when were next in the area.

1  Thank GILL02091984
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I came here with two others for a quick bite to eat and a couple of drinks. Due to it being such a nice evening we wanted to sit outside. It was a slight wait as they work on a first come first serve attitude. However, once sat down we were very comfortable. You have to order from the bar which meant that we could get our drinks instantly. We ordered two of the sharing platters and the burger. The burger was incredible! I would definitely recommend this. As it got a bit more cold we turned on the well placed heaters that were surrounding us. This was perfect! I turned up in my work out gear and did not feel judged or out of place. Mix of people from older to twenties. Warning: barely any parking near by though unless you have a Chelsea parking permit!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

came here on a saturday afternoon.
the weather was decent so the garden was packed.
it's a nicely decorated place, bit more pricey on the drinks.
didn't eat, so can't vouch for food.

it's a bit out of the way but worth a visit, particularly if the weather is good & sit outside.

full of posho's when we went but don't let that put you off.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

At the end of a long weekend trip to London my wife, eldest daughter and I decided to take a stroll back to Westminster along the embankment after exploring the Kings Road. To set us up for the walk we decided to have a lunchtime drink in The Phene. After a warm welcome on a typical rainy May day and ordering drinks from the friendly barman we sat at a table in the bar.

A brief examination of the menu soon convinced us to stay for food and we were glad we did. My wife and daughter both ordered the burger, one with pulled pork the other without, the meat was juicy, bun substantial yet light and the skin on fries crispy and not remotely oily. My wife was most impressed with the coleslaw which she reported to be like none she'd had before.

I opted for the quinoa and grilled broccoli salad which I was glad to see came with roasted sweet potato rather than lettuce! As I still believe "salad" to be a four letter word I added the chicken which was cooked to perfection.

The service was exemplary with the waitress attentive yet not imposing and the aforementioned barman cheerful and ready to serve.

We will undoubtedly visit again when we next return to London and would wholeheartedly recommend to others.