“really friendly”

Neighbourhood: Notting Hill
essex
“really friendly”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

we was in London for the weekend staying in Bayswater, we popped in to the redan for a few drinks and ended up having a meal and many more drinks, the guys here were really friendly, nice atmosphere, I would recommend if anyone in the area.

• Visited June 2013

Leipzig, Germany
“Classic, relaxed and friendly.”
Reviewed 8 June 2013

The food was delicious, the service was friendly, and the atmosphere was fantastic.

A great pub that I highly recommend.

• Visited June 2013
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Relaxed pub with great service”
Reviewed 24 May 2013 via mobile

I was struggling to find decent service at any restaurant in Bayswater, we kept finding ourselves coming back here because the service was fantastic. Joanne especially was very friendly and welcoming. Will be coming back again many times.

Food is well priced. The overall atmosphere and staff are what keeps us coming back.

London
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“New menu - definitely worth a try”
Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

I have to be completely and utterly honest with you - I know a person who works there very closely and I would not generally write a review on a place where my opinion would be unfairly biased.
As I promised to be honest, I was never impressed with the food here. I would have lunch or dinner because it was convenient. Don't get me wrong, the food was never bad in my experience but not impressive. Simply put - pub food.
After they have changed the menu, I have decided to give it a go and try the Sunday roast. Basing my expectations on past experience... it was sooooo good! Even if you took away all the important factors, such as "pub food", "central London pub filled with tourists", and "cheap", it would have still been one amazing portion of roast.
Whoever is spending their time in the area - menu is definitely worth a try!

• Visited May 2013
“Wow what a great place !!!!”
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Been in the Redan before , popped in for a drink and noticed the new menu thought I'd try a bite didn't know what to order as so many mouth watering choices , a member of staff chatted to me about the menu and helped me to decide on a venison burger , which was brilliant and the fact they have a decent selection if real ales was a bonus too..
Such a grey experience will be bringing my friends back and my family also