“Excelent Service”

Cuisines: Bar, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Neighbourhood: Notting Hill
Reviewed 19 June 2014

When I first visited London with my grandmother, I was eager to prove the fact that "british cuisine" is an oxymoron, is in fact dead wrong. I was proved right as the food there was excellent. The service was excellent as well and was by far the best part of the experience. They were able to provide great advice on beers and would even stop by the table for conversation. As we received many pub recommendations none were able to stand to the Redan and after a couple we dropped the others and made the Redan our nightly stop. I am impressed.

1  Thank Nevin Z
There are newer reviews for Redan

Reviewed 27 May 2014

My brother had his two phones stolen from his jacket in the Redan when we spent about half an hour in the bar. The bar staff said it happens all the time. They refused twice to let us see the CCTV footage. The first time was understandable because there was only one member of staff on duty but I returned the next day before it opened and they still refused.
The staff are fully aware of regular thefts but don't have any compulsion to do anything about it. There is no sign warning patrons of the pub and no assistance when it does happen.
It is up to everyone to take care of their possession but when the owner/staff of a business know that there is an increased risk, do nothing to prevent it and don't help when it happens, it doesn't feel good.
It seemed like a pleasant place but we paid dearly for your short visit.

2  Thank Corklocal_11
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I can not agree with most of the earlier reviews. The service was not good, the barmaids were not exactly friendly (in fact the feeling we had was the opposite). The atmosphere might be good when there are more people, we were there for late lunch at about 2 PM and the pub was nearly empty. Maybe this was the time customers are not welcome and should stay out?

We had lamm burger and salmon sallad from the days menu. The burger was good, nicely spicy, but the sallad was not. According to the meny we expected salmon, new potatoes, green beans, roasted red onions and soya beans. What was served was salmon, green sallad, raw onion and some tomatoes. Almost nothing to do with the menu! The mild taste of salmon and strong raw onion do no go well together. And what's worse we had a gut feeling that the salmon was past it's best time.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Absolutely fantastic food, well priced, great atmosphere for a pint and good for sports viewing plus the staff are very friendly.

1  Thank Richie D
Reviewed 6 April 2014

A friend of a friend (of a friend of a friend) recommended this place to me when I said I was going to London and Bayswater.

Very happy with the service and the food.
Thanks Joanne for making our first day in London a warm and welcoming one. It's more than nice to see people like you in places like these.
And for a foreigner and first time visitor to Britain your manners were just like "on tv"; friendly, caring, 'neighbourly' and very british.

Just lovely! :-)