“Well I love Sergio's”
Review of Sergios

Sergios
Reserve with OpenTable
Sergios is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #452 of 23,592 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Fitzrovia
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Simply can't believe that last review !!!!
Must be fake.

I have been going to Sergio's for years, absolutely love the place.
Food is great, big portions, not cheap but reasonable for the West End.

Staff are great, Sergio the owner retired but his son has been there for ever.

5 stars every time for me.

1  Thank Youtzu

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Visited here after being in Hyde park and strolling up towards Great Portland Street. I work in the area and always walked past thinking I would like to visit...argh.

Pros: The two plates of pasta we ordered were really tasty.

Cons: We only ordered two plates of pasta with one beer (which I'll come on to) and a glass of water, yet the bill came to £30ish. That is really dear for what isn't complicated food. The breadsticks are individually wrapped and so sweet they tasted of biscuits. I guess they are high in sugar as they have a long life. Though I didn't realise at the time, apparently they charge you for those if you open the packs, so consider them an add-on and not gratis as you'd assume.

Now what makes me dislike this place so much, is that it is a rip-off. A tourist trap. Here's why: I ordered a beer, a Peroni to be exact, and I received a pint. When the bill came my girlfriend noticed that the beer was marked down 'x2' and cost £7.90. When we informed our waiter I'd only had one he replied that it was two smaller bottles of beer put together to make a pint. I nearly lost it.

That is very devious, it is not standard practice to do this. Tell me you only do bottles if you don't actually do pints. I would of course only ask for one bottle then, wouldn't I? The waiter removed one of the bottles from the bill after I protested, but the damage had been done.

It might seem over the top, but I don't like being mugged off. I feel sorry for tourists that would think it was acceptable and hand over their holiday money.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

My friend and I had travelled quite a long way to dine at a nearby pub. Alas, their kitchen was closed when we arrived. As it was late, we thought we might have to trek back on an empty stomach. But Sergio's was across the street and the host offered us a table outside in the perfect weather. We couldn't resist. A lovely bruschetta was followed by a not-too-thin pizza with Parma ham, artichoke hearts and love. I can always tell when food is made by someone who cares. It just tastes better. The place was closing up for the night as we finished, but the waitstaff never made us feel rushed. It was a beautiful experience.

1  Thank Carla K
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

A fab evening, in vibrant surroundings. Very attentive staff; food excellent; service good and we didn't have to wait long for courses. Free gratis shots in glasses at the end that we were invited to take home. Overall warm, friendly and delicious. Would love to come back. Only slight downer was the music was a bit loud so we couldn't hear conversations easily.

1  Thank Danielle H
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We happened upon Sergio's on our first night in London and were more than pleased. It was my husband's birthday and they served us up and treated us right! My two sons (14 and 11) enjoyed the food and atmosphere as well. The service was great and the food was very tasty! Would definitely go back!