“Great Steak Lunch”

Neighbourhood: Soho
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Great Steak Lunch”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We visited the Shakespeare’s Head after a very busy morning visiting the Temple Church of the Knights Templar and Royal Courts of Justice. Tuesday we know is Steak Club day so we were more than ready for our meal on this cold winters day.

We were not disappointed as both our steak meals were cocked to our request, I ordered the Aberdeen Angus 14 oz with jacket potato instead of chips and my wife the Sirloin. This menu includes a soft or Alcoholic drink. I chose Guinness my wife coffee. At time we visited 3pm the lunch rush had finished so we were not too long to be served with our meals. Both of us enjoyed the ambience and most of all our very very tasty meals

We are regular visitors to J DWetherspoon Pubs throughout the UK and have never had bad service or a poor meal. So we can strongly recommend this particular Eatery.

• Visited March 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
norwich
“Big pub great value”
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

We popped in whilst staying in London for a theatre break with family we looked up the near est weatherspoons and were not disappointed for a real good value for money cheery staff and reasonable priced drinks it was lovely and not very long wait at all my husband did have to wait for his which was a little later than the rest of the party but it's busy , and as always another great weatherspoons pub would return when we visit london again

Visited February 2014
“Tasty”
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

We popped into this place for breakfast during out weekend in London. The pub looked nice & the staff were efficient with getting us seated. Nice atmosphere. We ordered our food, but they got my simple request wrong. I asked for my eggs benedict without the bacon (which I repeated a couple of times, just to be sure she understood me), but it came with bacon.. So I then had to wait to it to be remade & by the time it came back to me, my boyfriend had finished his breakfast.. So I ended up eating my breakfast alone, which was a bit annoying. But the breakfast was very tasty and the eggs were cooked perfectly - very fresh eggs. Happy with my meal as it was very delicious, just a little bit disappointed about not being able to enjoy eating our food together..

“Great place!”
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Its a great place overall! Found it by chance, went in and had a great meal with some good beers :) fantastic atmosphere, very good service and clean. It was a very good exp for our visit to london.

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Sunday Roast”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Been twice now, first time had the beef, divine. Second time had the chicken, fabulous. All the trimmings, gravy perfect, massive Yorkshire pud, cauliflower cheese, crispy roasties. Perfect roast. Chicken came with a beautiful apricot stuffing too.
Both times despite being full we couldn't resist pudding.
Had a sticky toffee pudding first time. Best I've ever tried.
Second time had Lemon meringue cake! Beautiful.

• Visited January 2014