“Budget hotel but perfectly adequate for a families needs”
Review of So Sienna

So Sienna
Ranked #589 of 909 Speciality Lodging in London
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We were very worried having read others reviews on this hotel and really didn't know what to expect. So we were pleasantly surprised the location is 2mins from the tube station and easy to find. The deluxe one bedroom apartment we booked was well equipped lovely big sofa bed, comfy double and great pillows! The apartment was clean and quiet, yes it didn't look like the photos and the decor is a bit worn in places, but for what you pay it is as expected! I think the problem is it is not a 4star hotel so doesn't meet 4* expectations but it is convenient and perfectly adequate for a family visit to london.

Room Tip: 4008 was fine, not on street side and well equipped.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 May 2013

avoid!!!!!no customer service,dirty cheap rooms that look nothing like photos and kept awake by people above till 3am then woken again at 7.30 avoid avoid avoid.it is very very very basic.furnished very cheaply really not worth 258 pounds for two nights

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank simon h
Reviewed 3 March 2013

we stayed 03/03/13 in standard one bedroom flat. I don't know where to start to be honest! I have a huge list of negative things about this place. the only good about So Sienna is location for us it was perfect with easy reach to M4 and is in walking distance to tube station. there is no "Private parking is opposite the property" as quoted in the advert. it is just general multistory carpark which shuts at 8 pm with no places reserved for so sienna, so it is very misleading when you are trying to book. As soon as we walked in we where hit by the smell of dump and drains in the lounge and in the bedroom (which by the way have en suit bathroom, but it wasn't functional as shower was full of tiles and cement and nobody ever mentioned anything about it before hand). Carpet throughout the flat and sofa were covered in stains. ceiling was covered in some dirty splash. our "Egyptian cotton" sheets were covered in holes and human hair! and didn't smell good.storage heaters were switched off and took a wile to warm the place up. all in all this place felt like need a good clean. i wouldn't recommend this flat to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank lara-mccroft
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We arrived only to be informed that there was no room for us and that we would have to get a taxi to their other establishment in Battersea, they kindly offered to pay for the taxi.
After a brief debate in which we explained that it was essential that we stay in Hammersmith an apartment was miraculously found for us.
When later we returned and folded out the sofa bed for the kids we found; no bed linen except one sheet (no duvet, no pillows, no other sheets), the sofa bed mattress was totally disgusting, as grey_skull quite correctly describes as a health hazard. The mattress was covered in a variety of stains from quite obviously pretty much every possible type of bodily fluid, as well a some kind of animal hair, human hairs, a nail clipping and a layer of grit.
The receptionist gracefully admitted that it was not acceptable, that he would personally not sleep on a bed like that, and kindly promised that he would sort it out for us in the morning, we were only booked for one night !!!!
The kids ended up sleeping on the floor of my sisters 1 bed flat down the road.
THIS PLACE SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN.

Room Tip: If you want a good room and don't want to catch something, book elsewhere
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Cowes78
Reviewed 9 February 2013

My self and My Brother like any other travelers look for the basic things in an accommodation Cleanliness, Comfortableness, Price and Location. THIS PLACE HAD NONE!!!

The windows hasn't been cleaned in ages and it had so many cigarette butts and ashes the floor wasn't vacuumed for god knows how long and the Furniture had a huge water stain that looked and smelled like pee to the point I had to order some bed sheets to cover the stain.
last but not least the price was so high I was better off staying at a 4 star hotel at least I could have got some house keeping!
Now I was fooled like all the other travelers with the good reviews but you need to read the bad ones too just to get the big picture.

I have to say i was fooled by the nice pictures and the good reviews that have been put but I would never stay in this place again never never never!!!

Room Tip: Don't just Don't!!!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank grey_skull85
Reviewed 27 November 2012

I booked SoSienna for my friend birthday just for a location. We had early check in and very unexpected our apartment was ready. After reading all bad reviews I was expecting something else. Apartments itself was very clean,large and had everything what you need. We stated in 4006 and had one double bedroom with living room and kitchen, where was sofa bed made in additional bed. Apartment had also 2 bathrooms! Perfect! Staff is very polite and helpfull in every way, especially Dannii! They will never say no to you! Thank you SoSienna, we had excellent weekend. We will definetelly come again.

• Stayed: November 2012
4  Thank Laura953
Reviewed 10 November 2012

The only good thing is the location. Apart from that the prices are ridiculously high for what they offer. I stayed on a luxury studio on the ground floor, which I thought was good as I didn't have to climb the stairs with my luggage. However the reception was just next door and they receive customers during the night and talk extremely loud, which kept me up all nights. I complained and they didn't do anything about it.
They only clean your room every 4 days, there is no soap in the toilet, they dont replenish the coffee and the tv didn't work at all. For £160 per night??? Outrageous... and the heating didn't work well at night, so I've asked for an extra blanket and was told that they didn't have one!
NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank marifeijoo
Also consider these accommodations in or near London
LUMA Concept Hotel Hammersmith London
East End / East London
Aviva Studio Apartments
Aviva Studio Apartments
#15 of 909 in London

Been to So Sienna? Share your experiences!