“Great location and value for money”
Review of So Sienna

So Sienna
Ranked #588 of 929 Speciality Lodging in London
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I stayed in a studio apartment for almost 4 weeks while visiting London. The location of this place was great; a short walk to Hammersmith Tube Station. Several restaurants and grocery stores in the area. The upholstery was a bit rundown and old. The staff at the reception was good and the manager Francis was friendly and helpful during my stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank sharmats

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Was there for Xmas vacation with family.
The reason we choose So Siena was the room size. We had a deluxe one bedroom apartment. It was really well equipped (washing machine, micro wave, dishwasher etc. almost everything that you might expect, but no air-condition as the web site states) and the room was in an acceptable condition. Good location. Nearby Hammersmith tube and many shops within walking distance.
The rooms were spacious (but they did not resemble at all the photos in their site_ so you need to lower your expectations). Reception was as it was totally absent.
We had some remarks regarding the room condition (a couple of things were damaged, but nothing was fixed during our 7 night stay).
The bed was quite small for double bed (and sleep quality was quite pure). Probably the smallest double bed I have ever stayed in. Room cleaning service was every 3-4 days
There was an extra cost for extra bed (25 GDP per day). I wouldn't describe it as a value of money but sure has the potential if they improve the reception or manager service.
If there was better response from the reception i would even consider to stay again (although it is hard to describe it as a value for money)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Vasileios P
Reviewed 8 January 2014

The apartment is very central to Hammersmith and all it has to offer. However, it advertising parking for 25gbp per day however, it is actually 35gpb and you have to park at the mall opposite. However, you can move it and park on the road after 6.30pm for free untill 8am. The rooms are relatively spacious, however, I did request two single beds and was told this was extra. Also, when we arrived there was someone elses washing in the machine and the toilet was having issues. It was fine for one night. There is nothing wrong with these apartments, perhaps a little over priced compared to what you get if you shop around.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank tfm1402
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night and found the room was spacious, modern, clean and tidy. The room had kitchen facilities such as a fridge, oven/grill and a hot plate, it had everything you could need.

The staff were very helpful including when I stupidly left my work suite in the cupboard they kindly arranged for it to be sent back to me in the post and only charged me the cost of doing so nothing in addition (sorry I forgot the name of the staff member).

The location was excellent to, situated just a short walk to several bars and restaurants and less than 10 minutes from the Apollo where I went to see a concert.

All in all I would definitely recommend this place as it offers great value for money, thank you.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Marc-Nikki
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I stayed here for one night with a bunch of my friends. The location is excellent, only a 5 minute walk from Hammersmith town centre, so was an ideal for bars, restaurants and the tube station. In both rooms there were kitchen facilities with dishwasher, washing machine, oven and dining table. There was also a double bed, sofa bed and of course a bathroom in each apartment.

The interior was spacious and it was cleaned on both the days we were there. I would say the apartments are of a 3 star standard, but this is sufficient if you are looking for a no-frills comfortable stay close to central London. Given the price of local hotels (even budget ones) the total price was very reasonable and if I am around the area again I would definitely choose these apartments again.

Room Tip: Try to go for a deluxe double as these have more space. Also parking in the area is free after 6:30p...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank vikgup
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I had booked a deluxe apartment. On arrival, I was told that rooms were not ready. I left my luggage at reception and came back at 3pm, and again the rooms were not ready. Francis, the manager suggested I move to a standard apartment or an executive room. Since my company was paying for my stay, I asked how will he adjust the reduced tariff. On which he responded that I can stay in a cheaper room yet pay for the deluxe, becos it was paid by the company and not self! I insisted on staying in the deluxe room that was booked for me and I finally got one but both bathrooms were broken. The engineer kept fixing them while I moved in and he took good couple of hours more after my shift to repair it. The apartment had two washrooms, and the engineer ensured that atleast one was in a usable condition. By the way, there are no bathtubs except in the executive rooms which are in the basement

Becos of the experience I decided to shift out and asked about cancellation of remainder of the stay. While I had only asked, the manager actually cancelled my stay. The managers keep changing in shifts and while I was leaving for office one of them asked if I was checking out! I had no other booking and he said he'd pack my stuff in my absence and shift it out while I was in office!! Utterly upset I spoke to his manager couple of hours later and he ensured I continued my stay for atleast that day till I could book another hotel.

During checkout, they were not able to charge my credit card. While one manager had blocked my card, he told another he had not. And the other managers were instead blaming me for staying without paying!! Only after a call to my credit card company did they agree that they had blocked my card. The managers have very poor communication amongst themselves which caused me a lot of mental agony.

By the way, cleaning services are only after once in 4 days! And, the bed in the deluxe apartment is a single bed. If you have no other choice, then think of this place. It is located close to tube station that is the only positive.

Room Tip: SO Park at Battersea Park is not well connected to tube, but is a far better stay option. Good servi...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank akay05
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I rarely write bad reviews BUT after 3 overpriced nights in the so called deluxe 1 bed suite I have to warn people away from this dreadful place. Stained and broken, a sofa that looked as if it would walk itself away and other furniture taken I suspect from car boot sales.

No hot water on 2 of the 3 mornings and a tv that only had bbc1 ( took me back to childhood).

I booked it thinking I could stay in and cook. It was too awful to do so, so on the plus side I ate out well.

On the plus side it's well located and the staff were pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business