“Ludicrously awful service”

Ranked #547 of 823 Speciality Lodging in London
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Ludicrously awful service”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I booked a two week stay with this 'hotel', I put this in quotes because it is far from what the common definition of a hotel is. Once I arrived I immediately canvased my apartment, which they had given me a free upgrade, and noticed a group of spiders in my bedroom. After informing them of the infestation they promptly moved me to the top of the hotel side of things where I counted 50 steps to carry three bags of luggage up, oh no lift/elevator to be seen.

My trip started mid May where the weather was roughly 70F/21C but inside the top of the hotel it felt 80F/27C. The only cooling options was an oscillating fan, an open window, and a down duvet cover. After a few minutes my eyes started to wonder around the room were I yet again see an infestation of mosquitoes and other unwanted guests.

Once I found these pests, I told the "four start hotel" I wanted a refund, which after two chances to make things right, I felt was enough. I understand that there was a no refund policy but I feel this was an extraordinary circumstance and I just wanted to check into a proper hotel room where I was not forced to sweat while laying down.

I have been very patient trying to get a hold of the booking manager, the third party company agoda.com to talk about a refund, but they have stone-walled me, unable to provide me with the slightest customer assistance to let me peacefully part ways with this establishment. At this point I have stayed the weekend and agreed to pay for the nights that I stayed.

Also during my stay I asked for laundry service which they did help with until they returned my business clothes stuffed into a bag dripping wet. As I accepted the clothes they said you want to dry these and they walked off and I picked up my jaw from the ground.

They are refusing to let me depart from this establishment with my money for the unused nights, at the time of this writing i still have one and a half weeks to go for my trip and are claiming they are still a four star hotel and the service/services provided are the indication of their star level.

What I foresee happening is they will try to refute this claim even responding to this post saying they did everything they could just shy of a refund, what I suggest is staying as far away from Hotel So Sienna and get another hotel.

Please take this word of caution.

I would not recommend this establishment to my closest friends nor my worst enemies.

Room Tip: Rooms that are not within the jurisdiction of So Sienna are the best rooms in London
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Grant L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Korean first
Bristol
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

I called this location having been let down by another set of apartments. So Sienna allowed us to book 4 rooms and accommodated 15 of us without a problem and with less than 24hrs notice. The rooms were all very nice condition and reception staff were helpful.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Bangalore
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I stayed in a studio apartment for almost 4 weeks while visiting London. The location of this place was great; a short walk to Hammersmith Tube Station. Several restaurants and grocery stores in the area. The upholstery was a bit rundown and old. The staff at the reception was good and the manager Francis was friendly and helpful during my stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank sharmats
Athens
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Was there for Xmas vacation with family.
The reason we choose So Siena was the room size. We had a deluxe one bedroom apartment. It was really well equipped (washing machine, micro wave, dishwasher etc. almost everything that you might expect, but no air-condition as the web site states) and the room was in an acceptable condition. Good location. Nearby Hammersmith tube and many shops within walking distance.
The rooms were spacious (but they did not resemble at all the photos in their site_ so you need to lower your expectations). Reception was as it was totally absent.
We had some remarks regarding the room condition (a couple of things were damaged, but nothing was fixed during our 7 night stay).
The bed was quite small for double bed (and sleep quality was quite pure). Probably the smallest double bed I have ever stayed in. Room cleaning service was every 3-4 days
There was an extra cost for extra bed (25 GDP per day). I wouldn't describe it as a value of money but sure has the potential if they improve the reception or manager service.
If there was better response from the reception i would even consider to stay again (although it is hard to describe it as a value for money)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Vasileios P
Reviewed 8 January 2014

The apartment is very central to Hammersmith and all it has to offer. However, it advertising parking for 25gbp per day however, it is actually 35gpb and you have to park at the mall opposite. However, you can move it and park on the road after 6.30pm for free untill 8am. The rooms are relatively spacious, however, I did request two single beds and was told this was extra. Also, when we arrived there was someone elses washing in the machine and the toilet was having issues. It was fine for one night. There is nothing wrong with these apartments, perhaps a little over priced compared to what you get if you shop around.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank tfm1402
Barking, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night and found the room was spacious, modern, clean and tidy. The room had kitchen facilities such as a fridge, oven/grill and a hot plate, it had everything you could need.

The staff were very helpful including when I stupidly left my work suite in the cupboard they kindly arranged for it to be sent back to me in the post and only charged me the cost of doing so nothing in addition (sorry I forgot the name of the staff member).

The location was excellent to, situated just a short walk to several bars and restaurants and less than 10 minutes from the Apollo where I went to see a concert.

All in all I would definitely recommend this place as it offers great value for money, thank you.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Marc-Nikki
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I stayed here for one night with a bunch of my friends. The location is excellent, only a 5 minute walk from Hammersmith town centre, so was an ideal for bars, restaurants and the tube station. In both rooms there were kitchen facilities with dishwasher, washing machine, oven and dining table. There was also a double bed, sofa bed and of course a bathroom in each apartment.

The interior was spacious and it was cleaned on both the days we were there. I would say the apartments are of a 3 star standard, but this is sufficient if you are looking for a no-frills comfortable stay close to central London. Given the price of local hotels (even budget ones) the total price was very reasonable and if I am around the area again I would definitely choose these apartments again.

Room Tip: Try to go for a deluxe double as these have more space. Also parking in the area is free after 6:30p...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends