“Small hotel for reasonabel price”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Redland House Hotel
Ranked #477 of 573 London B&B and Inns
Krakow
“Small hotel for reasonabel price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

I've read some reviews about the hotel and I wonder what the people write ;-) The hotel is situated in a great place - a few minutes from Marble Arch tube station! The prices was reasonable or I can say low. What can You expect for this money in such a place?????? % star Hilton quality??? My opinion is that this is a good plase for quite cheap B&B in London in great area.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Milosz U

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Zagreb
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2010

I would not recommend this hotel - no way! I was a bit lazy and it took me sometime to write this but here it goes. The only good thing about the hotel is its location. Everything else (breakfast, cleanliness, sleep quality etc.) is average, or below average I would say. However, two things are disgraceful - the bathroom which looks like a portable bathroom, max 4 square meters large, and the hotel manager. An extremely rude person who did not want to take over my bag which was lost at the airport and was supposed to arrive in the afternoon. I emphasize, I told him that I will not hold him responsible if anything was missing. Instead I stood outside of the hotel for more than one and a half hours waiting for the airport courier service. Even the man delivering the bag commented on the hotel's policy of not accepting its guests bags which arrive late. I don't know if this is normal but it was an unpleasant experience in my case. I was i London for only 4 days so this afternoon was very valuable to me... Hope I helped!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
6 Thank brownsug

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

vaccuous
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2010

This hotel is an absolute disgrace. We booked a stay of 4 nights in advance but on arrival we were asked to complete a form without any explanation as to what it was. I know I should have read the small print, but it turns out this made their refunds policy null and void.

Upon inspecting the rooms (one of the "re-furbished en-suite" rooms), it became clear that the hotel was dirty, and that the En-suite was literally a cupboard that had had a toilet and shower shoved into it.

We handed the keys back straight away and were advised to put a complaint in writing for a refund. Needless to say we did not get this, and the well-known website for travellers requiring last minute accommodation that we booked through was completely unhelpful also.

I wish I had read the reviews on here before booking - don't be fooled by their website and please avoid like the plague if you want a decent stay in the capital.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank vaccuous
Athens
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2010

THIS HOTEL-HOSTEL IS CERTAINLY THE W O R S T AND MOST HORRIBLE I HAVE EVER BEEN TO MY LIFE
the owner of this awful hotel is an awful woman from bulgaria and in the beggining was kind when i got there to pay for my stay and then she put out her realy face...RUDE AND TERRIBLE
very expensive for its price,the rooms are very small very dirty,the breakfast is just o joke because its not a breakfast...
And finally of course this disgusting hotel-hostel is so unconvinient and very small with so little space to move
If someone likes this hostel i would say him crazy
THE WORST EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD
NOONE GO THERE ITS PROBABLY ONE OF THE WORST HOSTELS IN THE WORLD

• Stayed August 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank billy-g7-greece
Reading, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2010

After reading the reviews on here I was absolutely dreading staying here on New Years Eve however when getting there I found that it wasn't quite as bad as I imagined. The floors and carpets do look dirty and un-hoovered, but if you keep your shoes on it's ok. The toilet is absolutely miniscule and the room is very plain and boring. The bed was comfortable, clean as I far as I could see but the mattress was fairly thin. The staff that we saw were fairly rude and didn't really seem to speak English.

I think we found this hotel/hostel okay because we did not spend much time there at all. We were out all evening and came back to the hotel late and tired out so slept fairly easily. I suggest to anyone who would be spending more than a couple of hours relaxing in the hotel or who is staying in London longer than a night that this place isn't worth it and stay somewhere more expensive.
I think for £55 on New Years Eve in central London this place was priced accordingly, however like I said previously we weren't in the room very long!

Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
essex
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2009

Despite receiving email confirmation of our booking, when we arrived we were told there was no room available and that we would have to move to another hotel. The reception/dining room is located in the basement, down a flight of very narrow and unsafe stairs. The person there was unhelpful to the point of rudeness and failed to explain why our confirmed booking was actually a lie. Will be making a formal complaint to the governing body and will be looking for a full refund. Do yourself a favour and avoid this place - it is obviously run by crooks and/or liars. Incidentally, we moved on to the Ventures Hotel in Sussex Gardens. Basic, but clean and extremely helpful staff.

Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank maddy91
chards
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2009

I stayed on saturday night with my partner and my mum her partner, the website looked really nice and thought we had a winner with the price. when we got there you walk in where there was leaflets of pizza places and curry houses all over the floor which no one bothered to pick up. it smelt old and damp you then had to walk down a very steep staircase, to be greatted by a very grubby room where breakfast is obviously served. it had modern furniture and a nice plasma screen on the wall. the food service station was horrid with the fruit juices left out not in the refridgerator as they should be once opened.

The man who greated us told me to wait as he was speaking to someone on the phone who was obviosuly a friend not business, he was so rude. he hardly looked at me and was not very helpful when it came to explaining the parking.

we booked a delux room, delux my [--]. you couldnt swing a cat in their. the bed was a horrible divan base brightly colour no valance to hide it, then a piece of mdf on top of that then a 'nice' springy mattress springs digging in everywhere. the covers seemed relitively clean but was very thin for a december night. to go to the toilet you were practically sitting in the shower at the same time and unfortunately for me and my husband, who is rather tall he coudlnt shut the bathroom door and his knees poked out so wasnt pleasant.

in all it was horrible, we didnt even attempt to go for breakfast and it was just horrid. when we checked out they didnt even say bye or asked if we enjoyed our stay! awful!

my advice is do not stay there! just horrible!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple