“totally agree with whatmeworry42, and some worst!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Redland House Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Redland House Hotel
Ranked #472 of 567 London B&B and Inns
Lyon
“totally agree with whatmeworry42, and some worst!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2008

Picked 'Redland' on Gumtree, carefull.

To be direct: my 1st room top floor had no heating at all (slept door half open not to freeze completely); my 2nd room ground floor - bad luck - 'Redland' had a one week central heating total breakdown (a couple of cold showers, no sympathy, no worry, no sorry from Management, I wasn't expecting a discount: you customer you pay?); my 3rd room 1st floor (#26) far far too hot (not complaining about this point, please see above) but full of dust like you can't imagine (actually, the stink is coming from the sink, please check).

In addition, I confirm what 'whatmeworry42' wrote. Please see review. And I'm ready to take full responsibility of my own review.

But, OK. Assume 'Redland' has very competitive rates for Central London therefore you get what you pay compared to other solutions in this area. Well, this is exactly my point: I've been chasing those 'Redland' guys for 3 weeks to reimburse my £10 deposit for the keys. Guess what? No news. £10 not a big deal after all? I disagree. But, please make your own opinion.

Franck

• Liked — The location.
  • Disliked — This feeling "you customer, you pay', and then get a cold shower
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank TravelledToLondon

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Sweden
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2008

We where late to book our hotel so we where just glad to find something close to Oxford Street and Hyde Park.
That was a mistake.
I have been bagpacking in Eastern Europe, Turkey, Greece etc. but this was by far the worst hotel or B&B that I have ever come across. There is absolutely nothing that I can find that was not horrible. filthy and worn and in badly need of refurbishment, walls and roofs like eggshell. The eastern Europe lady that was in the downstairs filthy office hardly spoke English. The bed was by far too small to be a double bed (which we paid for) and the room was only a fragment larger than the bed. The bed was so old and worn out that we couldn’t even think the thought through to stay there so we went up in the middle of the first night, packed our things and found our self another hotel. So do yourself a favor and don´t stay on this so called B&B. The health authority should close this hotel down.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these London hotels