“Shoddy... Don't believe the hype on their website” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Redland House Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Redland House Hotel
Ranked #473 of 567 London B&B and Inns
UK
“Shoddy... Don't believe the hype on their website”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2009

I booked a newly refurbed double room using the website... the rooms on the site looked good and the site was pretty professional. Reality was very different, true... the room had been recently refurbed... it still had paint spashes on the bedspread (and other stains)... and spilt paint marks on the floor. The room was horrible, with holes in the walls, a TV that didn't work and a en-suite that was smaller than what you would find on a boat or in a caravan. That was the good bit, the communal corridoors were dirty and very damaged and the whole place smelled like it hadn't been cleaned for a very long time.

In hindsight I shouldn't have stayed... but I arrived late and was VERY deperate for a room. My advice... DON'T USE THIS HOTEL IT'S THE WORSE PLACE I'VE EVER STAYED AT.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Miguelx

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Edmonton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2009

This hotel may not be the nicest place I've ever stayed, but for a £50 double in central London it sure can't be beat. The room was a little musty, but not bad. Shared bathroom was old but clean.

The staff was great, and breakfast was excellent. Overall, if money is no object, then this probably isn't the place for you. But if you're traveling on a tight budget, I highly recommend it. I will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
Nassau, New Providence Island
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2009

It is really a pity that I did not check the reviews before I booked this hostel. I stayed there for a training downtown and I stayed not just 1 or 2 or 3 nights but a long, long time and more than a week! I tell you this hostel is really shabby and run down and the management is so unfriendly! Sahir or something sounding like that who is the manager gave me the wrong main door key and it's good I came home one night and somebody just came in - he didn't even apologize! I just couldn't reimburse my down payment which was already paid in cash beforehand because I booked in advance from abroad. The pictures are not lying . I don't know where the other person stayed and which room did he mean when it said it was refurbished???? My room was a mess, the cleaning lady did not clean or empyty the rubbish, I have to tell her at least every other day or 3 days to empty the bin. There were cracks and dusts everywhere. I am just so glad I was out the whole day. The toilets are also not flushing which is also yucky because I had shared bathrooms.

Please keep away from this hostel - it might be central but there are other hostels out there. The wifi was also weak where I was - up in the first floor.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
sarathk, Manager at Redland House Hotel, responded to this review, 1 September 2009
Regretfully we have to protest the review on our hotel generalizing the standards.Our premier products are Ensuite rooms which are newly refurbished and of excellent quality. There are a few rooms at our hotel which are not refurbished and available at a down to earth price. We are trying our best to give the best service we can to those rooms even if the cost constrains are high.

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Middlesex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2009

The reviews about people's experience is misguding. I visited the hotel before and now and it has changed, it has recently been fully refurbished (see my photos) and the location and price and facilities is excellent. Free wi fi in common area and rooms. Freshness in Rooms makes it a definite place I want to stay and recommend. 5 min walk to hyde park, oxford street for the price. a MUST stay.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2009

This place is run down and shabby and never the one the website.

We were turned down by the manager, he told us the hotel was full and we had to move

to another hotel, first we thought we were fortunate but the next one was a hell.

Redland house mangaer is a unfriendly guy called Sarath and he just ignored me when I told him that I asked if we could check in earlier. at 11 when we arrived he told us to come at 1 pm at check in time.

then at 1 pm we saw him again, after killing time for 2 hours, and he told us that we have to leave to another hotel (andrewshouse hotel=a nighmare)

He could have told us in the first place and when you come to London on a Saurday just for one night you don't want to waste time but this place was an absolute time waste and

don't believe ever the website, I was absolutely frustrated and felt cheated ,

• Stayed March 2009
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2009

Well, the hotel is average on service, cleanliness, in short, good value for what I paid. Staff were helpful but internet was down for some time (techno prob, BT's problem as usual!). I really enjoyed the location, specially Oxford Street (the shopping hub of London) is just 3 minutes walk, so do the Hyde Park (Green Green heart-beat of London)..Will be back on summer again for leisure...London - Wait 4me!!

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
frb
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2009

I have stayed at several budget hostel/hotels in London in the last few years. This one i neither the best or the worst. It is as clean as budget hotels use to be and there was plenty of hot water and the heating worked well. If you expect everything for nothing you will definitely be dissapointet. If you are more fair exopectation you will find an average place.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled solo