“Avoid at all costs”
Review of Stratford Hotel

Stratford Hotel
Ranked #440 of 567 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 June 2012

A friend booked this hotel for us as an overspill from a wedding and boy do we wish they hadn't

We were shown to a room that not only could you not swing a cat but you couldn't have got it in there (though it did smell of cats funnily enough)

Don't even think of staying here and avoid at all costs

Room Tip: Choose a room in a different hotel
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank londonsteve2

Reviewed 30 May 2012

Dirty, broken toilet, no proper beds, fire alarm woke us up at night, cheap, 6-7 minutes walk from Westfield...

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank AnkiSthlm08
Reviewed 24 May 2012

I have room 5. The floor was not clean and in the bathroom it was same.
The service was very polite ans smiley .
But floor and other was not clean, thats the essential remark i can give

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Edith F
Reviewed 20 May 2012

I needed a simple place to stay for just 1 night.
Arriving at the hotel a friendly guy showed me the room next to the reception. Looked clean, so far so good. I had an early flight the next morning so wanted to sleep early.
I am not expecting a sound proof room but I could hear every single thing what was going on at the reception so asked for another room. They were very friendly and gave me another room.
This was a nightmare! Although it was nice of them to give me another room, this room was horrible (understatement!). The bed wasn't cleaned, shower was dirty and I didnt even wanted to clean myself with the towels. They had a disgusting smell.
I had to go downstairs at 11:00pm to ask for clean sheets and changed them myself with the receptionist. CRAZY! I paid for a room and had to clean my own bed :s.
I am not asking a lot for the price I paid (still 40 ponds), but no clean sheets and towels?!? (This is standard in every hotel.)
I wanted to leave in the middle of the night but stayed until the next morning.
Put my clothes on, cleaned my face and left.
Figured that I would be cleaner without a shower then with one :)

Just a simple tip: Don't go here. Even the employees tell you not to go (below standards) and for just a bit more money you can stay in a nice hotel :)

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank IL2012
Reviewed 18 May 2012

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Firstly what can I say, I had thought it strange that I had to pay the final bill before we actually saw the room... Now I know why! We were shown to our dingy basement room with 5 beds, a window that couldn't be opened, wardrobes that didn't fit together correctly, no tv as promised dirty carpets, pillows which were like paper, mismatched bed linen which I'm pretty sure hadn't been washed as there seemed to have been all sorts of human excrement on each duvet cover! When we did try to sleep the room was noisy as we were quite clearly beneath the 24hr reception! Once morning came all of the lights and shower were not working in our room! Once the shower was working the basin was filled with at least an inch of water! I am not usually one to complain and I wouldn't usually take negative comments too seriously on here! But this place was BAD! It made faulty towers look like the ritz!

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Sian2buy
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I attempted to stay here but left before 10.30pm having been in the room only 3 hours. It was drafty, freezing cold and the radiator did not work. I asked the girl running the bar downstairs (the only staff running the whole place who made it clear she didn't have time for the accommodation guests) for help and she gave me a portable heater. This didn't warm the room up as the windows were so shoddy.

I was given the room above the bar and I asked about noise levels. The girl said "you shouldn't hear the music" for the DJ night that was due to be on later. As if! The music was full blast and far too loud, I could hear everything through the ceiling. No way could anyone have slept through that.

I rang a taxi and left. I have since contacted the hotel and booking.com who I booked it through to ask for my money back, no response yet. I know it was a fairly cheap room, but still, I expect some level of service. This hotel was not good and the customer service to try and fix the issues was non existent.

Do not stay here.

Room Tip: do not stay here, especially in the room over the bar.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo