“A place that make you feel at home”
Review of Stratford Hotel

Stratford Hotel
Ranked #446 of 555 London B&B and Inns
Singapore
“A place that make you feel at home”
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 days 2 nights and I was pleased. The hotel lives up to its reputation where they strive to make every hotel guest to feel like they were at home.

It comes with many great facilities: your room is equipped with open kitchen, you can grab any sauce or pasta for your cooking needs (you are allowed to cook in your room) at the public pantry area, laundry machines are there for your laundry needs, many sofa around near the reception area for you to do your reading or socialize with other hotel guests, etc.

The room and the bathroom were spacious. I believe i got a room that was handicapped friendly thus it was more spacious and big I guess. The kitchen has all the things (plates, cooking utensils, spoon, etc) you need to prepare a hot meal. Dish washer and fridge are available.

The only down side I observe would be, the hotel staff do not have eyes for details to check the cleanliness of the room. I believe the previous hotel guest had spilled some drink on the leather stool but it was not cleaned. When I wanted to use a big pot for my cooking, I noticed some white stain (not sure if it was mold) inside the pot. Despite washing it myself, it couldn't be removed so I used another pot instead. The stove in my room somehow couldn't heat up so the hotel staff offered me another room to do my cooking.

Overall I like this hotel very much and I would want to renovate my house based on this concept - modern, neat, accessible to all the facilities and space-saving.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room to gain better view on the skyline.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Polish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I booked myself and a collegue into this hotel (if you can call it that) very last minute so I didn't have a chance to look at the reviews - what a mistake that was!!
The stay was unbearable, where do I start?

-Dirty rooms including there beds
-Chewed rat poison behind there headboards
-Holes in the windows giving them a cold draft throughout there stay
-Children sized beds
-Tiny room and bathroom with a shower tray which flooded there room

We complained and were told to 'put up or shut up' I have also made a complaint to the hotel and they just lied through there back teeth and refused to give a refund,this hotel is disgusting and I am in the process of sending an environmental health officer. Surely this place needs closing down?

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Portrush
Reviewed 6 May 2013

The place was okay considering the price of the rooms, but it definitely wasn't a pleasant experience. Room was unbearably hot all night, we had to sleep with the window open and the fan on full blast which made the room very noisy. Even with that we were still far too hot, hardly got any sleep all night.

On first glance the room 'looked' clean, but then on a closer look we found chewing gum stuck to the walls and then behind the bed there was lots of rubbish and one lovely surprise... a box of mouse poison.

We found the staff fairly unprofessional and not exactly friendly.

In saying all that, for the price we paid, we had a bed to sleep in and a safe place to have our stuff. We are a young couple and the little problems weren't too upsetting for us, but honestly if you have young kids, are looking for a nice time or you enjoy your basic home comforts please please do not stay here. We would never stay here again and we would couldn't face staying any longer than one night. There is a hotel ibis just up the road and for about £15 extra you could stay there and have a MUCH more comfortable night sleep.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Good Hotel rooms with VIEW ! stunning ! staff is very friendly, amazing views with big terrace , parking and fabulous shopping mall just outside of the hotel, the bathroom is a bit small and not enough towels , a shame, all the rest perfect.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I stayed here with my then 9 month old baby late November 2012 to January 2013 - No exaggeration, I moved to FOUR different rooms owing to filth/mice sightings.
I am better placed to review as I stayed long term (out of no choice of my own) & I saw the reality. Filthy rooms - mold growing over window panes, cleaners are quite lazy & will only clean what they can get away with. So behind drawers & beds are usually very dirty.
Mice EXIST in this hotel, of course they'll pretend they don't know but they have rodent bait hidden in corners. One of the cleaners even admitted seeing one. Not surprised - mice only exist where hygiene levels are very poor. My advice: Take your money elsewhere & don't say you wasn't warned.

Room Tip: Wouldn't pass a health & Safety check for Cleanliness But ideally located if you don't...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
London
Reviewed 10 November 2012

The Stratford hotel was a nice location for our london-trip. We like this typical English style and can also ignore minor flaws. The staff was very friendly. Moreover, one has from here ine excellent transport links to the city center and the airport Stansded. We would always come back.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com