“Poor”

Ranked #877 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
“Poor”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here and everything was ok! We though we would stay here for the cheap and easy hotel! When I got back they charged me mini bar with we not had on my card they wasn't helpful and had a can't be fussed attitude it took me over a week and 8 phone calls to get the money back trust me we won't be staying here again

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Shaun H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

This hotel is OK although the internet pictures are a bit more attractive than it is in reality. Rooms are clean though a bit noisy. Bathroom renovated so OK. Restaurant ok for english breakfast. A reasonably good tourist hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

For a Central London hotel this is very much average and to be expected. The staff were friendly but not particularly helpful, the room was clean and tidy and facilities in the room unspectacular. Ideal location with regards to Kings Cross station (hint to anyone complaining about the noise : being close to a busy station means train noise is inevitable!! Looking on a map should have given a clue....).

For location and price it's worth considering, but won't be at the forefront of my mind when I next look for a place to stay

• Stayed September 2013
Derby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

I booked a one night stay at the Kings Cross Inn for my friend and myself last weekend.
We left it rather late to book a hotel and I was searching around for something in the Kings Cross Area, We usually stay at the Premier Inn down the road but it was totally full up.
The hotel sounded fine for one night and then I started to read bad, very bad, reviews for this hotel after it was to late for me to cancel the booking. With some trepidation we went anyway and it was much better than we had been led to believe from the reviews. Yes, the rooms are very small, it's a good job I have known my friend for over 50years! but they have all the facilities that you might want. Tea making, fridge, mini bar safe etc. Our room was clean and tidy and the bathroom was in fact very nice. We found the staff helpful. We asked for extra pillows and they had been put in our room for us when we returned from going out.
I read that a lot of people were moaning about the noise from the underground but you cant expect to be so close to the station and not have any sound from the trains! They have to put the line somewhere. Maybe it is worse on the ground floor, we were on the first floor. The view wasn't great, overlooking the side of Mac Donald's but you are never going to get a great view overlooking Euston Road. It is a very busy area. The only nice building around there is The St. Pancras station and hotel over the road. Having also stayed at that hotel in the last few months my expectations for this hotel were low to say the least but it turned out fine. Some people will crawl around on hands and knees to find some cobweb or something to complain about but our room was clean.
We went down to breakfast and again the room was small but I thought it quite nice and I enjoyed my fruit. It was a simple affair but you could pay and have a cooked breakfast if you wanted to.
I don't know if I would stay again, just because for the same price I could stay at the Premier Inn and the rooms are quite a bit bigger but it isn't the hell hole some people have been saying.

Room Tip: I did see there was a room that looked below St level, I could see the window going past so I would...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Marsa Alam, Egypt
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

Having stayed at the excellent Hotel Megaro a few yards away for £100 the previous week, I was amazed after paying £180 for this hotel to turn up at a true old-fashioned fleapit with the surliest staff you could imagine. The carpet in the entrance is threadbare, the lobby a tiny, scruffy, stinking hole, and the room tiny, with plastic fake wood floor and high prison-like windows. The receptionist was taking phone calls and telling people they were not entiltled to a refund if they cancelled. I imagine this applies to most of the bookings. I would rather sleep almost anywhere. When I asked for a refund on the grounds that this was mis-advertised as a 4 star hotel on Laterooms the receptionist said the room was normally £500.. Ha ha ha.

Room Tip: Obviously, don't go to this particuar hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank noonereally123456789

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

San Diego, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

They will charge you an additional 6% if you use a credit/debit card. Had to pay in advance. Paid by cash and was told I would get the receipt later. When I asked for the receipt, the same clerk asked me if I paid. A little frightening and a little shady. The room was very small, just room for a double and a single bed, head to head and against the wall. The beds are not comfortable and are also stained. No elevator.Stayed on the first floorso you can hear the "Tube" rumble beneath you. I can't iamagine what the folks on the ground floor hear. One of the windows would not lock. You had to pay in advance. 1 GBP and hour for intertnet. Ended up going to the McDonalds across the street for free wifi. Te taxi driver had never heard of the inn/hotel, more like a motel.

Room Tip: Find another place to stay, unless you are a college kid.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Auckland Region, New Zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

We chose this hotel for its proximity to the Eurostar but that is pretty much all it has going for it. The room was clean and modern but tiny with the bed pushed against one wall so that one of us had to climb over the other to get into bed. I found the reception staff unfriendly and curt. The worst thing was a letter had been sent to my husband to coincide with his birthday. Luckily we were told to ask for it as it had been put away and the address not read. We would not come back here however close it is.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple